6.5 clone acting funny

Hi guys i need some help. I have a baja warrior with a 6.5 clone and a torque converter. When i drive flat out and let off the gas the engine wants to slow down rapidly in gear and its getting kinda dangerous. I tried to change the oil and it kinda helped but it still has the same problem. Its kinda hard to explane. Any ideas ???:shrug:

Normal operation.
Called engine breaking.

More of a Ha ha caught you off gaurd funny than anything else.
Don't worry.
Also consider changing the way you drive to avoid suprises.
Faster the bike gets the more little suproses they offer

rmm727

Its the TAV that does that. Do can try moving the hole the driven spring is in to a lower setting but you might not like how it acts during other operating conditions. I have a TAV on my bar stool racer. I had the driven spring in hole 3 and because of how top heavy it is, if I let off the gas quick, it would drag the tires.

Looks like NOS just beat me too it.

Lol i think i found the prob haha i got it on the third hole too. I did it because i hillclimb on trails. Is it better if i put it on other holes ?? Whats recomended ?

rmm727

Lol i think i found the prob haha i got it on the third hole too. I did it because i hillclimb on trails. Is it better if i put it on other holes ?? Whats recomended ?
In my application, first hole would lessen the engine braking. Third hole would keep it in a lower ratio longer which would be good for hill climbing. In your case, I would learn to live with it. In my case, I had to change it because I almost flew off if I wasn't careful.

Thanks for the quick responses guys! really appreciate it. Ill probably put it on first hole because im probably not gonna go in the trails too much anymore. My buddy broke his baja warrior in 2. Plus, i have bald tires and no money to replace them haha. Ill probably just put it back to third next summer. Thx again for the knowledge