72 Indian MM5A Magneto testing ??

Can anyone please explain how to test the magneto components on the MM5A Indian engine ?? :shrug:
We have NO spark ?? I see the points & condensor, coil and ignition in there as well.. We have NO spark.. Is there a way to test ea. of these pieces to see which one has gone bad ?? :confused: :confused: Thanx, Marilyn..

Can anyone please explain how to test the magneto components on the MM5A Indian engine ?? :shrug:
We have NO spark ?? I see the points & condensor, coil and ignition in there as well.. We have NO spark.. Is there a way to test ea. of these pieces to see which one has gone bad ?? :confused: :confused: Thanx, Marilyn..
I'd change points and condenser as a matter of course, if they're old. However those "probably" aren't causing a lack of spark. If someone has been in the mag area, chances are they disconnected a wire, or put a wire on the wrong terminal.

Here's a video showing how to test condenser...basic capacitor testing.

How To Test Lawn Mower Condenser When Troubleshooting Lawn Mower Electrial Problem - YouTube

I found several on-line PDF files for the manual on timing. The link below looks pretty promising with some photos and explanations of wiring.

Electrical and Ignition Myrons Mopeds

I think something is disconnected, or a wire shorted behind the magneto. (I have a crystal ball, but it's generally wrong) Just trying to help.

Dave,, Thank you very much for your input.. We'll go over everything and learn how to test all of the componets.. We'll search for a loose and/or wrong connected wire first... :thumbsup: This at least gives us a direction to go.. :smile: Marilyn & Jim..

Anyone know the specs for the coil and ignition units on the Franco Morini S5K2 engine ??
Need the ohm specs or a least something close.. Thanx.. :hammer:

Dave, All wires checked out good.. No breaks, kinks and/or hooked up improperly.. :thumbsup: 1 coil was reading dead or at least inside the cap was reading zero.. :confused: Still hard at it tho.. Waiting for new points & condensor.. :wink: