A few mothers day clips

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Those kids ride very dangerous in the alley. I don't even ride there any more. I just come to help, sale, and video. The good thing is that it wasn't as crowded this weekend because of mother's day. Man even the kids are getting faster and faster. Skid mark is now the fastest guy in the alley. He's only 71 lbs and has about 13hp on his minibike. lil Ike (130 lbs) was dominating for about a two months. Then Home alone (117 lbs) knocked him off.

65ShelbyClone

Those kids ride very dangerous in the alley. I don't even ride there any more. I just come to help, sale, and video.
You're not kidding. I figure once I get a rig that goes fast I'll invest in a set of genuine official leathers, shoes, gloves, road helmet, etc.

Manville looks a lot....eh...less dangerous. :001_tongue:

I can't help but wonder if LACR would agree to let a minibike group do exhibition runs on one of the weekends when all the Jr Dragsters are racing. It would only be an eighth mile race, but it would probably be popular with the Jr racers.

Last edited:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Maybe the 1/8th mile?
But it's not that fun riding only the 1/8th with a kart clutch. If you had a torque converter then you can play with the jr.drag guys.:001_tongue:

65ShelbyClone

Well, the turnoff area isn't until after the 1/4mi, so I guess you could do full quarter mile runs. Might embarrass the Jr dragster kids, though....

Wow man I am amazed at the speed these kids race!!! racing alone is risky but racing doing a wheelie all the way is absolutely crazy!!! great videos.

LACR would most likely stop you while being asked. Even though they are a race facility they do have insurance companies to please. Leathers,helmets and operators licenses would be required as like all drag strips to meet their insurance obligations. Then the matter of tech inspection would be the 2nd hurdle.(which is an insurance obligation too) Insurance regs do not allow anything but jr dragsters to be on the track when other jr dragsters are on the track, so racing them is highly unlikely too. Dont waste the effort and stay in the alley and have fun.....remember its all about fun

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
That was some wild junk! winning while riding a wheelie. Dude must have some balls that clank LOL.
Trust me you would fit right in with these young guys. :scooter:

The faster more dangerous minibikes you can't even play around like that.

The good thing is when some one looses a race they then come to me and say "Charles I want to be able to beat him" I then say "well you have to ask your parents if they want to spend the money for you to go faster"

The parents love the alley because it keeps there kids off the street and into a fun hobby that keeps them out of trouble.

thats true so they are not amungst the the wrong croud doing stuff they shouldnt.
How much does minibikeman make those awesome frames for?? Id love to buy one from him! I love the racing kart back rim and tire.

As much as I love seeing them Putting the hammer down, I Just wish they would get a dang helmet...

I never used a helmet when I was a kid.......but I wasnt going 50+ either! :)

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
It doesn't come wide. It comes skinny like the top picture. My friend Derek modified the frame for the wider tire.

Mr. Minibikeman usually sales his frames for more then everyone else. That's why he doesn't sale to many. He usually sales the bare frame for $130. And he only has one model. Joes sales there frame for $80 bare, extra $20 for a wide tire version, extra $20 for a bearing neck, stretched about a extra $30.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
As much as I love seeing them Putting the hammer down, I Just wish they would get a dang helmet...

I never used a helmet when I was a kid.......but I wasnt going 50+ either! :)
Same here, but the problem is that I can't tell these kids what to do. My friend wants to start a minibike racing league. That way it would be more organized.:scooter:

Well id like to get in touch with the guy who modified his to put a fat tire on the back because i want one real bad now that i have seen that.
If Dereck could get another one if i sent the money and he did the work to put the fat back tire on there how much do you think he would charge me??? Ask him when you get a chance for me please.

65ShelbyClone

LACR would most likely stop you while being asked. Even though they are a race facility they do have insurance companies to please. Leathers,helmets and operators licenses would be required as like all drag strips to meet their insurance obligations. Then the matter of tech inspection would be the 2nd hurdle.(which is an insurance obligation too) Insurance regs do not allow anything but jr dragsters to be on the track when other jr dragsters are on the track, so racing them is highly unlikely too. Dont waste the effort and stay in the alley and have fun.....remember its all about fun
I'm going to at least ask. Who knows, it might be possible to meet their minimum requirements with a mini. If not, maybe they'll sell off their timing system when they close down for good(they're not far from that point) and I'll have a chance at getting it.