a grinding noise

i got my honda all apart head cover etc and when i spin the flywheel and make the piston move it makes a gritty grindy noise lke somthing is rusted or has dirt and it is sliding back and forth the piston is fine the rod good valves ok springs everything is perfetc maybe one of my seals that hold the rod to the crank is froze? or locked up idk help me out please also why i got it apart is there any way to tune it or anything to improve it why i got it apart?thanks

You are saying that the rod connection to the crank feels loose? or you feel like the crank is sliding from side to side toward each cover? If you feel like the crank is loose, thats probably because you have the side cover off. As far as the rod being loose, im not sure. Mine had a small bit of wiggle when installed. (arc billet rod)

no no noting is loose it makes a grinding noise when i spin the fylwheel and the piston goes up and down and it is not the piston itself making that noise i check it sounds like the grinding noise is coming from were the rod connects to the crank

Its easy. Take the side cover of,. its 6 bolts. THERE IS NOTHING FANCY INSIDE. DONT BE SCARED! You need to pull the flywheel off also. Once you open the side cover you will see 2 bolts holding the rod onto the crank. The rest is obvious while your doing it. Is it possible that your coil got closer to your flywheel? See if the magnet on the flywheel is hitting the coil, or if any part of the flywheel is hitting the coil. That makes a grinding noise sometimes. Try these things and get back to us. Search youtube for videos of "how to race prep a 6.5" youll see basic steps. If you open it up, take the governor out while your in there.

i already got the whole thing tore down and i found my problem i ran it hot the whole crank is red blue and green its all discolored and warped well looks like it is time for my 11hp honda to find a new home on the warrior

Did you run it without oil or something? The stock crank is $45 from NR-racing. Throw in a 50 dollar cam and your back riding, unless you really want that 11hp in the bike. Whatever you do dont throw away the motor. Still have plenty of spare parts.

no it had plenty of oil but you dont understand how badly i beat the crap out of the bike when i went trail riding i was keeping up with a 125 dirtbike following him up hills though mud i jumped it and on top of all that i had my friend who weighs 160 on the back ! i had the whole bike under water and it was still riding i kinda knew that the trail ride would be its last

See if the magnet on the flywheel is hitting the coil, or if any part of the flywheel is hitting the coil. That makes a grinding noise sometimes.
been there and that's not a good noise. i got sidetracked while putting the engine together and forgot to tighten the coil bolts. :doah:

it was a nasty ticking sound and i thought i didn't put oil in it at first. luckily nothing got hurt when this happened.

and on top of all that i had my friend who weighs 160 on the back !
i'm guessing this was a guy friend?

first of all, two guys on any bike is gay. two guys on a mini bike is even gayer and you aren't into girls (from what i've read) so that makes this a really gay situation. :laugh:

don't get mad, i'm just giving you a hard time. :smile:

i'm guessing this was a guy friend?

first of all, two guys on any bike is gay. two guys on a mini bike is even gayer and you aren't into girls (from what i've read) so that makes this a really gay situation. :laugh:

don't get mad, i'm just giving you a hard time. :smile:

Thats funny you mentioned it. i was going to ask if this was the guy that said he doesnt want a girlfriend or whatever. Funny stuff. Dont take it to heart. BUt i agree, 2 dudes on a bike is...well... you know. Good luck with the motor.

Thats funny you mentioned it. i was going to ask if this was the guy that said he doesnt want a girlfriend or whatever. Funny stuff. Dont take it to heart. BUt i agree, 2 dudes on a bike is...well... you know. Good luck with the motor.
yea yea yea i have heard that before i HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!!!!!! IM NOT GAY :hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer: sad thing is my girlfriend hates these little bikes so she dont liek to ride on them wich pisses me off

Mine doesnt like riding but shes always asking what im doing. It started with my car and after 2 years ivebeen able to teach her the ins and outs of engines(for the most part). Hw cool is that?! Just relate it to something she does if she gives you a hard time. "Well you spend all YOUR money on ..blah blah.." I spend it on the bike.