A lot of Oil in cylinder of Kawasaki 75 MT-1

Have a 1974 Kawasaki 75 MT-1B that has not run for at least 25 years. I removed the spark plug, grounded it and it had a very strong spark. The plan was to do a compression test. But a significant amount of oil was ejected out of the cylinder. Every time I kick the kick starter oil is forced out the spark plug opening. Where is this oil coming from? At first I thought that it was coming from the injected oil that is mixed with the gasoline, so I remove that oil tank and then watched the oil level in the tube that drained from the oil tank. The oil in the line has not moved. Could this oil be from the transmission? This is the first 2 stroke engine that I have worked on.

Bird Brain

Sounds likely. 2 strokes run a pressurized crankcase with no gasket between the halves, only a bead of sealer keeps the transmission from sharing with the combustion chamber. Ive never seen one leak though that was torqued and never disturbed however. Good luck with it.

Augiedoggie

Common problem with 2 stroke motorcycles with crank seal failure. Trans fluid will leak past crank seal into crankcase during storage and get sucked into crankcase when cranking or running. Pressure testing transmission will confirm this. Use very low air pressure for testing. 10PSI maximum.

Thank everybody for all the help. It seems that oil keeps entering the cylinder as continuing to crank the the engine continues to have oil being ejected from the spark plug hole. If it had been oil put in the cylinder for storage reasons, the oil would finally dissipate.
To check on the possibility that the oil is being sucked into the cylinder from the transmission I would need to do a pressure test. There seems to be four opening in the transmission housing; 1. the filler opening with a plastic screw plug, 2. drain plug, 3. oil level hole with a small bolt, and 4. a 4mm hole with nothing in it near the top of the case which I assume is a vent. I can make a system with a low pressure pump (probably a blood pressure hand squeeze pump) and a low pressure gauge. How do people pressurize the transmission housing. All that I come up with is to take another bolt that is the same size as the drain plug and drill and tap it so a connection can be made to attach to the pressurizing pump and gauge.
Any comments and suggestion would be appreciate.

Augiedoggie

I usually pressurize the transmission with hand held pump or regulated air supply from compressor. You can usually slip flexible hose over trans vent fitting.

The vent is just a hole in the case near the top. I pushed a 5/32 inch drill bit 1.75 inches into the hole. The hole is a little bigger than 5/32, so I assume it is 4 mm. It is the only vent that I can find.
Is there some fitting that could be pushed into this vent hole or screwed into the threaded (6 mm) fill level hole?

Augiedoggie

You could drill and thread a spare fill cap with air fitting and use a cap to seal vent. If cap doesn't have o ring you should add one while testing. You can use spray bottle with soapy water to test for external leaks but you would expect internal leaks between transmission and crankcase to be your trouble. Perhaps draining transmission should be first test. Drain oil and observe cylinder for oil while cranking

The oil level inspection bolt can be removed and a threaded barbed fitting installed that can be attached to the air pressure source. The bolt is M6 1.0. Looking online, there are small male fitting that should work.
I will drain the oil and see if that stops the oil coming into the cylinder while cranking. Again, thank you for all the help.