A "Rattlesnake

In the previous picture.....

Sent to me from Scott, it's showing the mock up of the bell crank/ throttle linkage. He's making great progress on it, he told me it's nice & smooth and slop free. :thumbsup:

In this picture he has his standard bell crank that he uses on his karts tack welded to my chassis. He had to make mine a weeee bit longer due to the design of the chassis/pan. With it all set up, he got his needed measurements....

Here's my bell crank / throttle linkage all done .... Just needs to be welded up from it from it's tack welded status.....

Here we go :thumbsup:.... All mounted up to the frame .....

Scott does beautifull work, he told me he was happy with it and it's opperation once he bent up the stainless steel throttle rod and hook it up to the pedal.....

The brown truck came by yesturday ..... But NO ONE was home :shrug: to sign for the package :doah: I do beleive my brakes are here :eek:hmy:

BC DAVE :thumbsup:

Thanks Buck and H.P. for your kind words :thumbsup:

You can come over anytime Randy and thrash my stuff, not a propblem. My brakes came the other day.....

Yep..... Brand new AIRHEART brake kits..... just like the ones that were made some 50 years ago that came on this Kart and were put on numerous other karts back in the "Karting Rage" in the early '60's. When I get some time :laugh: I have a bunch of '60's karting magazines and I'll do some scans and post them here. I see used vintage AIRHEART brakes and related parts go for crazy amounts on E-Bay :doah: I personally wouldn't want to rely on pieces that are 50 years old and try to rebuild a piece that is questionable and stick that said brake(s) on my Kart and go run around the track. :blink: Not when I can buy new ones.

I'm not saying that they can't be rebuilt,:no: but if them E-Bay buyers only knew that they could buy new brake kits/ calipers/mater cylinders/rotors and related parts.... I'm sure they would. The company is called TOLOMATIC and they own AIRHEART brakes and they offer the vintage 150/175 brake kits. I guess the Jr. Dragster gang uses them on their rails. Here's the AIRHEART web site.....

AIRHEART BRAKES

I'm getting a new rotor made though......

Not that there is anything wrong with this one :no: I'm going to get a thicker one made and drilled due to the use of two calipers to stop the two engines and it's intended use in a "Sprint Kart." I'm almost done with the engines.... Just waiting on a few parts that I should see later this week. They look just like the FLEX-O engine..... Just with Blue accents. Now to take apart them brake kits and start polishing them up.

Last edited:
Thanks YOOP :thumbsup:

Merry Christmas to you and your Family :xmas-smiley-016:

I can't wait to get it going also.... I want to go down south to the gig at Adams Raceway in a couple months, we will see :shrug:

buckeye

Great stuff Dave. I pretty much subscribe to all of your builds.
Very informative and each step is explained so, even I get it.
Would love a neighbor like you!!:thumbsup:

Bonanza kart

What a great kart bring it to the VKA event at Adams at the end of Jan ...I know where there is another Bonanza frame it is being repaired so these pictures will help and I have a aircooled Saetta that was rebuild ...as a side note I picked up a ton of 11/350 x5" fronts Goodyear blue streaks and a few 6" blue streaks and some connentals from a Bug eng warehouse clean out

No offense taken dave! Yours is gorgeous and as a collector/restorer of vintage cars I appreciate originality - unfortunately as you say my butt won't fit in an original and I just love the RS! Can't wait to see finish pics of yours. FYI Bud had made his run in 2 versions so there is at least one short wheelbase out there.

"I'm not dish'n the RM repop Bonanza kart there jhl1963 like you think, and I'm sorry if you took it that way :shrug: the kart is beautiful.... It just has a different looking front end than the original and is 4" longer. I can see this being a good thing for you as it would be difficult for you to get in a original one.... Heck.... It's hard for me and I'm 6" shorter then you! :doah:

BC DAVE :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Superb craftsmanship!!!! Beautiful kart!!! I live in the east bay as well and I can only pray to find a bonanza rattler!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes