Acquired two mini's

Another Hot Shot owner, very cool bike. I have one as well, my tank and fenders are steel but the clutch cover is glass. Are yours steel or fiberglass?:shrug:

The tote gote is a 750. The 770 would have a 8.5" wide rear tire. Nice find. The Hot Shot is very rare so record everything as you take it part. What size is the JLO? There should be a tag on the block under the carb.

Last edited:
The motor is a 230. And the fender and tank are fiberglass. Does that help narrow down the year?
Not for me really but it's said 1971-72 were the production years, just wanting to know how rare and early mine really is. IMO mine is early given the Hap Jones tank kit is sports, I know it's one because on Ebay a guy was selling the same tank as mine in kit form with the tabs on a zip tie rather than being fixed into position. Mine was said to be the best original example found to date and I believe given the steel parts that is still is and is an early version. Not one part is missing on mine except decals which were once on it if you look closely, few can make that claim but with 16 known to exist I believe it's the best example to date. I've decided mine is staying here for now, I'll have it running by spring.:thumbsup:

Go ahead and get it runnin Ace.....I dare ya!!!:laugh::scooter:Just funnin with ya
ace, hope you do buddy!Those hot shots just say to me,Ride me like ya stole me.But hell i would have to steal one to find out.Too pricey for my blood.

Nice couple of finds!!

I am trying to research the history of the trail scooter racing. I have seen a picture of a Hot Shot dated as early as 1970. A member on OldMiniBikes (fordredneck) came on a couple years ago and stated his grandfather designed the Hot Shot and he had 4 that he was beginning to restore. He left an e-mail address to contact him but I never got a response. The green Hot Shot in this award ceremony picture could have been a prize. It looks new and doesn't have a front fender. Same lime green color.

Last edited:
Being that they are so rare what would one value the hotshot at? Also is there a good source for parts? I really want to fix it up this winter. I already started stripping it down and cleaning it up. Motor fired right up, 115lbs of compression.

Being that they are so rare what would one value the hotshot at? Also is there a good source for parts? I really want to fix it up this winter. I already started stripping it down and cleaning it up. Motor fired right up, 115lbs of compression.
Even if we did appraisals it's just one of those bikes that's hard to put a price on. In this economy you should test the waters on Ebay and if you feel you need a certain $ amount set a reserve. I cannot say what you should set it at since I do not know what you have in it or expect to get. I'd take $1500 for mine, it will start but just not stay running and is 100% complete down to the extra plugs under the seat and the wrench on the frame and has steel tank and fenders which is unusual from what I hear, the tank is spotless as well which is nice. Keep in mind mine has not sold nor have any serious offers or deals been made, none that actually happened anyway. The only reason I said what I'm asking is it's listed here in the classifieds, has been but I will not revive the ad since I'm keeping mine now. Whatever you do with yours you will be able to say you owned one of 15 or so known, rarity does not always mean big $ unfortunately and condition is everything. Yours is redeemable, parts can be made and the engine is common in snow machines.:thumbsup:

The 750 came up for sale. It was still sitting in a maintenance shop at a ski resort. It was going to be thrown out but a contractor saved it. Unfortunately the hotshot is nowhere to be found.