Again with the scammers.

These scammers are everywhere. There is no way to tell when someone joins if they are a scammer. Protect yourself. Ask for photos, do not pay friends and family. They like the wanted section for easy prey. When they say to contact their friend, that should be a big red flag. I don't know what else to say about this. Try to use a little common sense. Some of the parts people are looking for are rare. Be suspicious of somebody that just happens to have your parts. Ask a few members if they know the person. Check when the member joined. Don't no what else to tell you.

Maybe we should start outing these creeps. When people get scammed here many of them send money orders. When sent they have a name and an address. A supporting, long time member could make up a new member name and get pms with the info, post it and bump it along while adding more to the list. I’m just spitballing here but the rate of these thefts and attempts seems to be increasing. Also Thank You Manchester1 for your advice. Good advice is the best.

Don’t ever send a money order. I havent done that in nearly 20 years for anything. Its like putting money in the toilet and pulling the lever…
In this day and age of banking and payment services it’s just easier than ever to sign up for an account and it’s much more transparent than M/O’s. It leaves a trail…

These scammers are everywhere. There is no way to tell when someone joins if they are a scammer. Protect yourself. Ask for photos, do not pay friends and family. They like the wanted section for easy prey. When they say to contact their friend, that should be a big red flag. I don't know what else to say about this. Try to use a little common sense. Some of the parts people are looking for are rare. Be suspicious of somebody that just happens to have your parts. Ask a few members if they know the person. Check when the member joined. Don't no what else to tell you.
I know what else to say….don’t be so fucking stupid….if you’ve been looking for more than a month then one suddenly appears it’s not your Lucky day….use common sense people…for Christ sake…..your not 12 and this ain’t the comics….use the grey matter folks that's what it’s there for!!!!

If you send a money order and get scammed isn't that a fedral crime? Mail fraud. Go to the post office and explaine that you were scammed and see what your options are or maybe google mail fraud with PO MO.

I don't think it's just our site...I imagine other sites that deal with somewhat valuable collectibles, and have a wanted ad section have similar issues.

It must be part of the scammers business model.

Our best bet is to do like @manchester1 @Skipp and others suggested and be wary.

Buy from only vetted sellers, and if no one here knows them...stay away from them.

Be especially wary of buying from any new member.

IMHO... :)

pomfish

Some other websites/forums make you have like 20 posts and be a member for X number of days before posting wanted/for sale or PM's.
Just sayin', this here has become like the Wild West.
But I understand it is hard to keep up with cleaning out the Trash.

Augiedoggie

Best to be careful here and other online forums. These scammer pricks are plenty slick. Moderators get flooded with scammers and spammers. Be sure to report new members who post single word or single letter introductory posts. They are adding up their post count until they are allowed member privileges. The bots are annoying and their websites are usually ripe with viruses and other ads and links to Vietnamese whorehouses and other seedy shit. Best to report that crap when you see it here. Best not to reply to the bots and bullshit ads from the foreign spammers. Your reply hides their original post from moderators. Once the moderators see them they can nuke them and ban them from forum until they sign up under new IP address and the process starts again.
It's a jungle out there

Doesn’t anyone ask for pictures anymore? I’ve started asking for pics, from folks I’m not familiar with, with current date in the pic…just like hostages….sounds corny and far fetched but I haven’t been scammed since I was a pup….

you guys can beat this topic into the ground…AGAIN…but it comes down to is belief….what you choose to believe…good or bad…I believe there is bad in everyone….some it just hasn’t come out yet….some it basks in the light of their ignorance….me I’m somewhere in between….leaning toward the ignorant part….

Last edited: