Age check who had them???

Good ol Sears.... Who had a pair or many??? these things were nuclear, first time wearing them would leave your knees red from the chafing... or a good month after...

And if for some reason you fell into a meat grinder or drug behind a semi and the pants got a tear you had these....

I forgot about cords thats a whole new topic.... im not sayin but you might of made it to the early 80's with some baby blue cord shorts... not like I had any.... just memory of them around....

Motra

You must be mistaken, I thought you had a good twelve on me.. fine sir...:laugh: one of these weekends we need to take a ride to Richards just to see what he has laying around :thumbsup:
That would be cool, lets go. I've had PLENTY of time lately but I'm actually going back to work next Monday. I will have weekends off though.

Motra

I stopped by your work one day and you were gone for lunch. There's been a couple other times I was in your neck of the woods but couldn't stop by.

Didn't matter what I was wearing,they all ended up with grease on them. I wore whatever my mom bought me and did not really like what she got.Levis mostly,lees,a few toughskins and yes them crazy cords.

WrenchDad

I had toughskins and those stupid patches. Didnt toughskins have a style that came with the indestructable Knee patch already on them? I remember the pants would wear out around the patch.

george3

i had toughskins and those stupid patches. Didnt toughskins have a style that came with the indestructable knee patch already on them? I remember the pants would wear out around the patch.
I remember the pants would wear out around the patch. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I remember those Tough Jeans, "bell bottoms" and coudoroys..when I grew up in the 70's, on the gritty, grimey streets of Elizabeth, NJ.... I don't care how hot it got, NOBODY and I mean NOBODY wore shorts unless you were a girl or "Little Lord Fauntleroy"....it was worn out greasy "Dungarees" and a white cotton T-shirt.
If your parents were taking you "down the shore" or to aunt Martha's pool then it was cut-off jeans ...I remember how awful they would look until you got the frayed edges on them.:doah:

how the heck could you crawl on the hot asphalt strewn with broken bits of glass..... working on your Schwinn Sting Ray or mini-bike or your hand-me-down '58 Rambler with push-button shift if you were wearing shorts :doah:

My wife thinks I'm nuts....I guess it's a product of where or how you grew up...I never was much of a beach person.

Last edited:

toomanytoys

I remember those Tough Jeans, "bell bottoms" and coudoroys..when I grew up in the 70's, on the gritty, grimey streets of Elizabeth, NJ.... I don't care how hot it got, NOBODY and I mean NOBODY wore shorts unless you were a girl or "Little Lord Fauntleroy"....it was worn out greasy "Dungarees" and a white cotton T-shirt.
If your parents were taking you "down the shore" or to aunt Martha's pool then it was cut-off jeans ...I remember how awful they would look until you got the frayed edges on them.:doah:

how the heck could you crawl on the hot asphalt strewn with broken bits of glass..... working on your Schwinn Sting Ray or mini-bike or your hand-me-down '58 Rambler with push-button shift if you were wearing shorts :doah:

My wife thinks I'm nuts....I guess it's a product of where or how you grew up...I never was much of a beach person.

I didn't grow up in NJ, and not in the 70s :lol: but man you did not wear shorts. To this day I will not wear shorts. It can be 100 degrees out and i'm wearing jeans.