Alsport Differential Bearing Help Needed...

CaptNugget

Im working on finishing my Tri-Sport TS-110, I need to replace the bearings on the differential axle. I got the differential off trike, taken apart. The inner 2 bearings slipped off with little resistance. However, the 2 outer bearings wont budge. I tried tapping them with a hammer but no luck.
Do the slide toward the middle piece and off?
The hubs are welded on so id imagine they would slide to the inner part to come off?!?
Do i have to cut these off probably?? Any suggestions on how to go about this?

Also, i was told to put "Bentonite Grease" in the differential, is the - Tecumseh 788067C Peerless Transmission Grease - from OldMiniBikes Warehouse what i would need?

Any help would be great and appreciated, thanks
Heres some pics of trike and parts im struggling with
:grind::grind:

The lock collar on those bearing are cam locks if you can get them loose the bearings may come off if not I just cut mine off :thumbsup: and yes that is the right grease

bearings

I had the same issue with my TS110 project. Aside from the set screws not wanting to come out the inners came off with a little work but the outers had to be hit the grinding wheel. I used a small 4 1/2" grinder and just put a "relief grind" on one side of the bearing. Pried the cut open a little and then they came off.

wjustice

Yeah the trouble is the cam locks. They just need to be turned a kittle to release but only if you can be sure which way they were turned to lock them. A quick shot in the right direction with a punch will normally break them loose. Or clamp the axle in a vise and twist the lock with a pipe wrench.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

wjustice

Yeah the trouble is the cam locks. They just need to be turned a little to release but only if you can be sure which way they were turned to lock them. A quick shot in the right direction with a punch will normally break them loose. Or clamp the axle in a vise and twist the lock with a pipe wrench.