Alsport MTS-30 Help needed

TBailey

One of my projects is an old 3-wheeler my dad gave to my daughter a few years ago.
We have since moved far away from him, and now I have to become a mechanic and fix these old things, which is something I have been wanting to do for a long time.
Anyways, I have this alsport mts-30 that I need some parts for.
I have searched the forums, and Google, and my hopes of finding parts for it are dwindling.

Here's a pic of the underside where I am currently having problems.

Not sure why this gearbox is underneath. The top arrow points to what looks to be a missing piece of the casing. Not sure how long that has been missing.
The arrow under it points to some kind of bracket that goes over what looks to be some bearing encasement.
Would like to buy new brackets for the bearings, those look a little important, and the ones on each side of that big casing are cracked and missing chunks.

What brought this buggy back to the work bench was the third arrow off to the right.
There is an extra little bar with gears that is connect to the motor by the chain, then it turns the axle with the wheels on it.
Somehow that thing got bent really bad.
This three wheeler has a history of weird things happening to it ever since I got it, but this one really gets me.
I was watching my daughter ride this after rebuilding the engine again, and she goes around a corner, then slowly comes to a stop.
I thought she was out of gas, but after walking over there, I see the chain hanging loose, and the gear on bottom was spinning loosely.
I get it back to the house, flip it over, and see just how badly this thing is bent.
I didn't see her hit anything, or go over the top of anything that could have caused this, just riding along smoothly, the rolling to a stop.

So, I guess I really need some parts for this thing, but from what I gather, parts for alsports aren't easy to come by.

Anyone have any leads?
:shrug:

Thanks!

BMIKARTS.COM OR MFGSUPPLY.COM
They will have the jackshaft to replace what is bent on the 3rd arrow you speak of. The differential is a Peerless 100 series and you can get one from northern freight. But I would try a local lawnmower shop first as it looks like you only need half of a casing. Dont worry about the parts. They are common minibike/go kart parts Randy

The bearing holders can be found too. I would take out the whole rear end and take it to a lawnmower or small engine repair place and have them match it up. In fact unless you are handy take the whole thing there or see if there is a go kart or mini bike person in your area. Randy

You may want to change the sprocket on the jackshaft over to a torque converter but that can get pricey. I had a MTS-30 with the torque converter.

TBailey

Thanks Gumpit, I'll try some of what you suggest.
I was just looking on BMIKARTS.com, and they seem to have a lot of good stuff.

I'm learning lots working on this and my old mini bikes from when I was a kid.
Rescued those from out behind my dads well-house.

Would also like to thank you for your post in the Trikes with Name and Picture thread where you posted your pic of your alsport mts-30.
I have been trying to figure out what this thing was I have for the last couple of years.
After finally getting serious about restorations, I found this place and that thread and was very happy.
:bowdown: