Alsport RTS 340

wjustice

Does it have a single "L" ring or L and a second square lower ring. Dual rings are more desirable but much less common. The L rings can be found but the square rings are very hard to find.

Does it have a single "L" ring or L and a second square lower ring. Dual rings are more desirable but much less common. The L rings can be found but the square rings are very hard to find.
2 rings with L and square. I've sourced NOS replacement ring sets for it that are $30 a set.

In other news:
New rims with tires showed up. Researching around online showed that the best way to go about this was a set of trailer rims and tires. So these guys came in the 10th. 8x8 rims with the 5x4.5 bolt pattern and 18.5" tires on them. The original rims had some damage to them around the lug locations. I'll end up using the original rims for something like winter tires when I get that far along and these for the day to day runners. I'll get pictures put up later today with them side by side.

2023-10-10 New Wheels.jpg

Well, I set the engine off to the side for a bit till I can get the stator pulled. Otherwise, I'll be going back to wiring on the Fox mini bike and finish that up. Aside from that, I got the new wheels on the trike and they look really nice. Also got a pic of the old rims next to the new ones as well as the new ones on the trike, not sure if it can be seen where the damage is to the lug area on the inflated one. I figure I'll try fill welding the area and grind it smooth.

2023-10-11 Wheels.jpg 2023-10-11 Front.jpg 2023-10-11 Rear.jpg

wjustice

Something I thought of. Maybe reconsider pulling the clutch off the crank. If only to replace the crank seal. Its real easy to change once the clutch is off. Its in a removable plate. Do the mag side also, once you pull the flywheel. You don't know if they have ever been changed and you don't want to fry your engine first run due to a 49 year old seal leaking.

Something I thought of. Maybe reconsider pulling the clutch off the crank. If only to replace the crank seal. Its real easy to change once the clutch is off. Its in a removable plate. Do the mag side also, once you pull the flywheel. You don't know if they have ever been changed and you don't want to fry your engine first run due to a 49 year old seal leaking.
I have, and I'll have to safely pull it. No point leaving a 50ish year old oil seal on the engine if I'm going this far. Engine, as far as I know, has never had a rebuild. Based on how much build up is around the PTO oil seal cover it's probably leaking.

Good morning and Merry Christmas! I've been dormant for a while as I've been working on insulating my garage and doing a thing people call work. Anyway, during this time I've been doing a bit of parts collecting and working on the engine teardown. I'm at the point of pulling the TC off and cracking open the case, as seen in the pictures below. Some major bits I came up with was a replacement master gasket set with oil seals, a NOS Walbro WD carb rebuild kit that includes the leaf spring. Finally, managed to come up with the starter for the K340. Anyway, enjoy the pics and have a Merry Christmas/new year.

2023-12-23 Engine.jpg 2023-12-25.jpg

wjustice

Have you tried fitting that starter yet. It is completely different from the one im using on my k3402ax. The oEM starters dont have a nosecone, only the shaft and gear sticking out.

Have you tried fitting that starter yet. It is completely different from the one im using on my k3402ax. The oEM starters dont have a nosecone, only the shaft and gear sticking out.
I have not yet. Been busy this weekend with the drain plumbing in my home and switching out the old cast iron for less cloggy PVC. I'm going to be finishing up insulating the garage now that we're actually getting below freezing around here before I get to it. Just a bit of insulating on the walls, insulate the ceiling and finally the garage door and I'll be getting back to working on the toys again. I actually spent a weekend recently making room in the garage by removing a 6 yard dumpster worth of stuff cluttering the place up.