alsport tri-sport

lets see here. im new to the site and i found a dimond in the bushes. not sure of year or moddle number. but its a white tri-sport. it was in some guys shed and he just put it outside last week when i just so happened to be passing by. the body is mint. it has shocks all around. aftermarket 6.5 briggs intec. its missing the differential though. im putting a solid axle on it anyway. but cant find any specks on how long it is. yes i could just make it work but i want everything to be smooth. does anyone no this length? ill get pics up later. also its minus the brakes. i have a drum set up off an old kart would this be good enough?

Welcome,post some pics of it.i'm no trike expert but don't think it's gunna turn very good with a live axle.there's a few trike guys on here that could help ya

is the trike gonna be that hard to turn? i no it will eat the tire but figured it would still turn. i still need the length on it. ill get pics up today

It turns on a dime with a differential ...It turns on a baseball diamond without it... Post pics and we can see what you need. Take pics of the rear area.

wjustice

Shocks all around would be a RTS (8, mac, 290, 340, SL i'm betting an 8). It could have used a Peerless 100 series or Holtan 251/252 diff. A live axle flange to flange would eliminate the rear shocks from working. These sit wider and lower than a ATC style. You cant easily shift your weight to allow the inside tire to slip like on an ATC.

Yes it should. I have the yokes. I was just gonna put the solid Axel to the yokes not all the way threw. I gotta get some pics up... If I read right on this forum that the diffs that alsport used were junk? Is there a stronger alternative? I'll get pics up tonight. Been biz

I have a used Differential for a Tri-Sport just need to measure the distance between the bearing saddles. And I do have sprockets for the peerless differentials.
Steve :scooter:

and there's more pics on my page. I finally sat on it though and I can't wait to ride. I did put a solid axle in it for now. So it could atleast roll. I'll put up pics of that later. Gotta work.....

Well I took pictures of the Peerless differential Assembly that I have. It does not need rebuilding as it is almost new. The 54 Tooth sprocket for 41 chain is new. The Two 1 inch cam lock bearings are new also. The flangettes shown are the two bolt style but I do have the 3 bolt style too.
The overall axle end to axle end is 14 3/4 inchs and the measurement from bearing center line to the opposite side is 7 1/2 inches. Thers is 2 3/4 inch of stub keyed shaft enough to mount a brake drum or disc. and the inside half of the universal joint.
Shipping is from Portland, Oregon 97229 and the cost $150.00

Hi Randy: They all come and go like the summer wind and I think I did my part. This was the differential that I was going to use in the Montgomery Wards unit. But the measurements are the same.

If it is a direct replacement for this RTS that one of my friends owns. PM me your contact info and I will give it to him. He had a blast riding it on the ice last year until he blew up the rear end.