Alsport trike project

dcoy

Hi All. I'm new to OldMiniBikes, so I'm getting used to how the site works. Just finished an Alsport trike project. I think it was a TS130. I got my kid off the X-box for awhile to help me and was able to drink a bunch of beer in my garage! Enjoy the pics!

The "Purple people eater", remember that song? Probably not you would have to be at least 60 to remember... You did a great job on that rig. :thumbsup:

dcoy

Thanks guys! 45T - yep I did the glass repair. It was in pretty bad shape, so I took off all the gel coat, sanded down the edges, and repaired all the cracks. I had someone paint the frame and another guy finish the body and paint that. I should invest in the paint equipment and learn how to do that, because it was pretty expensive and it's not perfect. Steve - I wasn't around yet for the "purple people eater" song, but I know it...so I'm not that young! The kids picked out the color. The project went WAY over budget...but I got to teach the kids something and spend some time with them. I got a 70 Rupp Enduro for my birthday, but some idiot hacked the frame so the engine was level....so I'm just gonna make that run and have some brakes. Next project will be something my son can drive on the road. Happy Motoring!

I am new to the site also. Looks like you did a AWESOME job on your trike. My first alsport looked a lot like yours, It was white with a round emblem up on the side had a 5hp B&S. I gave it to my brother when I bought my second one a 290. Hope you have a blast on it.