Alsport Trisport Trade

I have an Alsport Trisport I would like to trade for a minibike. I started to restore it and ended up putting it together partially restored to ride it with the kids and their go kart. It is the Baja off road version. I basically freshened up the drive train and couldn't resist driving it prior to finishing the restoration. I put an 11hp Briggs Industrial Plus engine on it with Comet 40 series clutches and freshned up all the bearings and jack shaft assembly. I put on new front shocks, real nice ones, and stripped the frame. Broke down the rear axle assembly verified that was all good. I rode it around the yard with the kids for several years, the engine is in excellent to near new condition but has been sitting. This setup is pretty fast and the tryke does accelerate pretty strong with some impressive top speed, not recommended for small kids. It need new back tires 22" (they work fine but are dry rotted and have a slow leak), paint, brake bands, and cables etc. The fibergalss is all there but has some minor damage. I was going to restore that with new fibergalss then paint. I probably have atleast a $1100.00 in it. It would need a couple hundred and some paint/time to finish. It is super fun to ride, but I need a really nice clean bike for my daughter. I am interested in a Rupp, Mintrail 50/70, Heathkit Boonie Bike, Trail Bronc, Super Bronc, Speedway etc. I am not interested a little steel frame bike with chinese copies. I would also consider just trading roller for roller, but if an engine is on the bike it must be in excellent shape as the Briggs I have is really nice. If you have never riden an Alsport, they are awesome. Glenn Binghamton NY.

They are desirable. But for what you can buy one for and make it right is less than a Rupp or other minibike you mention in the condition you want. You may want to sell the trike and put a down payment on your mini.. Or if you put new tires on your trike and the cables and brakes. You might have a better shot. With the price of harbor freight engines. They are the least of your worries when looking for a trade so I would keep your engine if you dont like the clones. BTW which Alsport do you have?

Last edited:
Alsport Trisport Trade

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an Alsport Trisport I would like to trade for a minibike. I started to restore it and ended up putting it together partially restored to ride it with the kids and their go kart. It is the Baja off road version. I basically freshened up the drive train and couldn't resist driving it prior to finishing the restoration. I put an 11hp Briggs Industrial Plus engine on it with Comet 40 series clutches and freshned up all the bearings and jack shaft assembly. I put on new front shocks, real nice ones, and stripped the frame. Broke down the rear axle assembly verified that was all good. I rode it around the yard with the kids for several years, the engine is in excellent to near new condition but has been sitting. This setup is pretty fast and the tryke does accelerate pretty strong with some impressive top speed, not recommended for small kids. It need new back tires 22" (they work fine but are dry rotted and have a slow leak), paint, brake bands, and cables etc. The fibergalss is all there but has some minor damage. I was going to restore that with new fibergalss then paint. I probably have atleast a $1100.00 in it. It would need a couple hundred and some paint/time to finish. It is super fun to ride, but I need a really nice clean bike for my daughter. I am interested in a Rupp, Mintrail 50/70, Heathkit Boonie Bike, Trail Bronc, Super Bronc, Speedway etc. I am not interested a little steel frame bike with chinese copies. I would also consider just trading roller for roller, but if an engine is on the bike it must be in excellent shape as the Briggs I have is really nice. If you have never riden an Alsport, they are awesome. Glenn Binghamton NY.

I guess trisports are not very desirable? No interest?
Not everyone is online at the same time........ So try waiting longer than 12 hours or so for a answer.:laugh: It might take a couple days to get a good answer some times....

It is the off road version. The front fender says Baja Scout. I guess I need to be a little more flexible on the condition for the trade :smile: I found a Rupp in need of work but looks all there for 120 bucks. Trying to get ahold of the guy to buy it tomorrow night, hopefully. I bought a minitrail 50, 1973, in pretty rough shape but runs good for 260 bucks last weekend. My younger daughter has been riding it twice a day, she loves it. The part purchases to fix it up has started.