American Cowboys

Got a cool gig filming the live feed for the American Cowboy Team Roping Asccociation Grand Championships all this week in Reno. If you're into horses n steers n roping n cowgirls, you can check it out at actra.org website, scroll down and click on the streaming video link. HEE HAH!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

buckeye

I use to love going to Rodeos when I lived in Tx.
Starched Wrangler and pearl button shirts everywhere.
Girls in Wranglers and Roper boots still make my heart flutter.aaahhhhhhh....

I use to love going to Rodeos when I lived in Tx.
Starched Wrangler and pearl button shirts everywhere.
Girls in Wranglers and Roper boots still make my heart flutter.aaahhhhhhh....
Phew, I thought it was just me!! Plus all that bouncing up n down in the saddle was startin to give me A-fib.:crying:

Day 5, three more to go. I may never smell the same again, went from chain grease n hot clutch smell to horse:censure: in no time flat. Talk about impacted sinuses in the morning.......:laugh:

Day 8! Dang whatta long week but fuuuun!! These ropers are serious bidness, averaging 1200+ teams a day that's six hundred steers or about one every fifteen seconds:eek:hmy: over 12+ hours. For every run inside where I am filming, there are 3 more runs in the outside arena. Pretty crazy! Weather's been great but expecting rain - maybe even snow - today so that means it'll all be happening inside. Probably go til 3am:eek:ut:

I joked about all the way too cute babes and their blingy, eye catching, A-fibbing rhinestone studded wranglers (and god knows what eles:bowdown:) but I was also struck by all the OLD GUYS (50s, 60s, 70s!) wrangling out there and killing it too. Made me think of you guys. Yea I seen the pictures from Windber and other events, and frankly we gotta clean up a little bit, all hippie lookin 60s acid heads n shit (not me of course:laugh:) these guys ALL clean cut, not a beard in the house, and riding like the friggin wind. Lifetime in the saddle, I guess.

Makes me wonder, what will we look like after fifty years on a Minibike seat.........?

Last day to watch your ol cuz Cecil B. deMule and his Smooove camera Mooooves at actra.org

Made me think of you guys. Yea I seen the pictures from Windber and other events, and frankly we gotta clean up a little bit, all hippie lookin 60s acid heads n shit (not me of course:laugh:) these guys ALL clean cut, not a beard in the house, and riding like the friggin wind. Lifetime in the saddle, I guess.

Makes me wonder, what will we look like after fifty years on a Minibike seat.........?
Marlborough men all. Still, our neighbors NEED us over the hill fat bastards with gray hair reliving our youth on powered toys. We're libido savers, as they can't laugh at the Cowboys, (who are laughing at the hippies....)

Snow eh? My eldest is here now, grabbing my truck, my youngest , and my dog for the move up to Reno. Now I can screw with them about the snow. We're still rolling with AC.

Sounds like you're having a blast John.

Havasu Dave and Tom S., it was a blast, we got over 60,000 hits on the live feed around the world in 44 states and 48 countries. Like Montenegro n Italy. Italy I get (spaghetti westerns) but Montenegro? WTF...?? The guy who hired me also does other horse stuff around the country and is definitely going to crew me again.

But one night after a particularly grueling day of shootin steers, I suggested a night minibike ride to blow the horse:censure: outta our hair and reluctantly he agreed. I picked him up at his hotel downtown and dragged him off to my fave spot and brothers, we have a convert! He LOVED it. Spent our breaks on Craigslist and OldMiniBikes showing him all the stuff which amazed him.

He already has plans to find and build a minibike with his kid.:thumbsup: