amf harley mini bike, thats all i know so far..

picked this up from a neighbor for free and i want to get it running. i have spark, compression and fuel, but it still wont go. i have one wire on the loom that isnt connected to anything, and i cannot find a cut off switch anywhere..any additional information at all would be appreciated.

thank you, kyle

That is a great find and looks like alot of fun. If you give up on it, I am down in decatur, I will take it off your hands. :thumbsup:

- Lon

im actually an 18 yr old small engine mechanic and i cant wait to tear into this thing..
everything seems in running order but i cant get it to start. i have spark, fuel, compression, but it wont catch. already cleaned carb and replaced plus.

any ideas?(bump)

thanks, kyle

MikeBear

im actually an 18 yr old small engine mechanic and i cant wait to tear into this thing..
everything seems in running order but i cant get it to start. i have spark, fuel, compression, but it wont catch. already cleaned carb and replaced plus.

any ideas?(bump)

thanks, kyle
Is your compression up as high as it should be? Have you checked the TIMING? It could be off enough, and if it's true you have spark, fuel, and compression, that would stop it from being able to be started.

If you have spark and fuel then you should fire. All i can say is you have a very low compression. You would be surprised how much those little engines get.

do you know if it set for a long time, did you squirt some oil in the
plug hole,than check comp,what about A Little carb cleaner or verv little starting fluid,butterfly needs to open less you put the spray in plug hole,good luck! :scooter: :scooter: