An old maverick question

Hi all, new to this. I just joined but have been looking here for a little while and came across an old 1969 maverick 50cc frame. I'm just wondering if it's worth anything or worth trying to restore it with parts or to just sell it. I've found a few parts but not anything like a tank or engine which is why I'm asking.

Attachments

Hey Naptown... It might take awhile to gather part for this frame and mocking up a motor mount as well. If you really want this mini restored, then OldMiniBikes.com should have you covered. Welcome to the site! I'm from Indianapolis as well... hope to see it in action soon.

maverick1

Mavericks are not as common as their counterpart Gemini and I have seen them go all over the spectrum in price. Not as popular, valuable or have the following as a Honda mini trail but in stock form allot quicker. I had one when I was younger and that and liking to shift gears is what drew me to them. Don't think you will find much at OldMiniBikes to fit it unless you want to chop up the frame for a retro fit of another motor which has been done. There is a very good example on this site of one that was fitted with a Honda mini trail clone motor but you got to have the fab skills to do so. If you want to get an idea of parts availability search Gemini mini bike or SST Gemini on eBay. Be patient as some or most of those people are nuts what they are asking. A vintage Yamaha 50 or 80 should bolt right up to the frame and most but not all parts will interchange. I just built a Maverick with an 80cc. If you have anymore questions just pm me. I have some parts but have thinned out allot over the last few years. I am not an expert but I will tell what I know.

Rodney

Last edited: