And so it begins

I picked up a Predator hemi the other day and OldMiniBikes Warehouse got the good stuff to me in two days, (I live about 3 hours away).
Now that I have scratched out a suitable working space in the all too crowded garage, I can get to work on it.

mini1.jpg

And the color(s) will be....

mini2.jpg

Thanks. The idea is to make the bike part of the display at car shows. I have the roof liner at the upholstery shop now. It will match the seats and the mini seat will have the same material applied.

driveinside.jpg

Trailhorse owners: What do you use, was originally used as a spacer on the rear axle? With the sprocket/brake assembly on the left side, there is a wide gap, (maybe 2 inches) on the right.

I had some time to work on the bike today. Got the old motor out and degreased everything. I was trying to measure the rear axle for a proper spacer, (I don't think a short length of PVC pipe is going to do it), and noticed the axle bolt and the hole, through which the axle passes, on the axle tap are cut. It appears the axle was turning, as opposed to the wheel/tire, and notched the axle tab and cut a nice groove in the axle bolt, just inside the bolt head.
I am thinking a 5/8 ID fender washer welded to the inside of the tab, with some welding and drilling on the tab itself, to fix it. Does anyone have a better ideas or has experienced a similar situation?

Your idea will work for a quick fix but a 5/8 washer is too big , get a 1/2" and open it up a tad for a very snug fit on the axle bolt !

Ok, next work progress slow down. What size are the bars on the Trailhorse, GT2/300? I don't have calipers and a tape just isn't cutting it. I'd prefer not to order the smaller ones then, have to return them.
Thanks

I measured a pipe od once wraping a strip of paper around pipe,marked a cut it wraped it around to recheck and measured length and compared it with knowned pipe size..there is probably a equation for..circumference = dia i guess?

Started prepping for paint today. I was afraid I would be sanding to bare metal but found the current paint, for the most part, is in good shape. I have been able to do a light sand and scuff and I think it's done. I'll try to put some primer on it tomorrow.
I did have it upside down and was able to get a good look at some after factory welding. Actually, I haven't welded anything since before I could drive and I've been driving for more than 50 years. I think what I saw would be better described as, "splatter tacking". Anyway, I got the dremel out and did some minor grinding, here and there. Even though most of it was on the under side, I still feel better about it.
I did find a couple laces, on the rear down tubes, where the tire had been rubbing with some force and consistency. Hard to believe rubber can grand away steel, until you see the results for your self.
Provided we have a few nice weekends, I should have it back together soon. Starting to look forward to riding it again.