And then there where 20

Funny how Steve D finds a Taco and then I find one then we do the Bananza thing in the same day as well. (Hey Steve I'm due for a Powell then!)

Looks to be a BC 1100 but has the foot pegs up front like a BC 1200 it's all there and straight as hell. The guy had just put stripper on and pressure washed it today, light rust from that but no real pitting and he even soaked the bolts and got the wheels apart with no mishaps. (saved me a lot of time!) Only bummer is the emblem was ripped off but the tires are still fine and the brake and handle look good.

It's weird because I bought a Bonanza BC 1200 from him months ago so he sold me this one for $50 and threw in two engines (one being a 5HP briggs.) I figure the wheels and engine were woth the price.

Last edited:
Good deal. It's nice to find them stright. I seem to get the ones that are all bent up.
Randy
Randy, many are found that way but I fixed a few and they came out great.

Heres a Atlas 2500 I found for $35 , the forks where bent and it had rusty rims but I hardly put any money into it in the resto. Just a good sand blasting and some straightening was all it took. Looks pretty damn good now. I've seen guys leave the forks bent (one is a mini of the month! :doah: ) but I it's better "make them right" like you did. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

kbs8ball

I can do all of those seats for you. I have a pattern for a T100 this pattern has 6 holes..7" on center front to back and about 3 1/2" off the back edge 3 holes per mounting strap. I have a bonanza seat on ebay right now. let me know when you want them. I think youll be surprised at the difference a good seat makes.

Nice Atlas

That is sharp! My Daughter rides a Charger and I never did get the forks straight. There tweeked just a little but it drives me nuts when I look at it.

Randy, many are found that way but I fixed a few and they came out great.

Heres a Atlas 2500 I found for $35 , the forks where bent and it had rusty rims but I hardly put any money into it in the resto. Just a good sand blasting and some straightening was all it took. Looks pretty damn good now. I've seen guys leave the forks bent (one is a mini of the month! :doah: ) but I it's better "make them right" like you did. :thumbsup:

I can do all of those seats for you. I have a pattern for a T100 this pattern has 6 holes..7" on center front to back and about 3 1/2" off the back edge 3 holes per mounting strap. I have a bonanza seat on ebay right now. let me know when you want them. I think youll be surprised at the difference a good seat makes.
Looks like the 100 uses the same seat and I do have 6 holes. I need to draw you a pic of the Flea seat I need and make a template. What colors flake do you do? I want it two tone and will paint the bike to match. BTW, In Washington

Last edited:
Looks to be a BC 1100 but has the foot pegs up front like a BC 1200
The front and mid pegs aren't a model specific thing, it has to do with early and late. You'll also notice that the early frame with front pegs run the Go Power wheels, and the mid peg style runs the Bonanza wheels.

I've often wondered if there was an overlap period where the wheel/footpeg location were not like that, but I haven't seen anything that makes me think so.

The front and mid pegs aren't a model specific thing, it has to do with early and late. You'll also notice that the early frame with front pegs run the Go Power wheels, and the mid peg style runs the Bonanza wheels.

I've often wondered if there was an overlap period where the wheel/footpeg location were not like that, but I haven't seen anything that makes me think so.
Hey, what about the strap in the back for a tail light? Anyone have a close up pic? I'm not sure if it was added or not because the welds are stock looking theres also two cable mounts in the wrong spots with bad tac welding so I know thats wrong. ALSO the nuts are welded on the foot pegs, ever seen that?

kbs8ball

I have a bc frame with a tail light mount..ill take a pic tomorrow...I think this is an older frame as well...mid pegs..and a larger bonanza tag on the fork. also on ebay as we speak

Hi GTO : When I got the Bonanza it has the clamp on foot pegs but right under them is the stubs sticking out for the stock ones. I will have to wait to work on it going out of town for a family reunion and camping next week on the Oregon coast. Hope I don't miss out on some mini bike bargains. I see yours even has the Fork cover rubbers that saves some bucks. If you ever get to ride a Powell Challenger or a Phantom 7 you will be surprised how nice they ride and climb the hills.
Steve :scooter:

Hi GTO : When I got the Bonanza it has the clamp on foot pegs but right under them is the stubs sticking out for the stock ones. I will have to wait to work on it going out of town for a family reunion and camping next week on the Oregon coast. Hope I don't miss out on some mini bike bargains. I see yours even has the Fork cover rubbers that saves some bucks. If you ever get to ride a Powell Challenger or a Phantom 7 you will be surprised how nice they ride and climb the hills.
Steve :scooter:
Have a good time, the Oregon cost is beautiful,, lots of fond memories down there too. :devil2: Powells just don't make it up here so theres no pickin or choosin. :sadcrying4: