another alsport for me

no but it shouldnt be to hard to get 1 right? my aunt works for the dmv so she helps let me know what i have to do & gets things done right away i probly wont get to work on it for a while cuz i got some other projects started & filling up the garage. i dont even know whats all missing (rear fenders, blinkers & im sure 1\2doz other things)

Hello grindking : What your missing most id the head rest and luggage rack and that is where the rear lights are mounted. Do you have the fuel tank ? That is a very hard Item to find. If you don't have the Borg Warner Brake calipers you might call that a blessing because they are basically junk. but good luck on this project
Steve :scooter:

I popped a brake caliper shoe when I had the Borg Warner calipers and had to do the Fred Flintstones feet drag to stop at an intersection. Used my leatherman multi tool jammed into the caliper and a couple of tie wraps to hold it in place and limped home on one caliper.
That is when I went over to dual piston Drag light calipers and 10 inch Martin discs and billet kart hubs.

wjustice

Ooo, I gots to jump in here. Mr Durham, do you have any good caliper recommendations for a RTS with the single jackshaft mounted brake?

I would go with a Martin Products Company ( MPC ) and make a mount that has the caliper floating to compensate for pad wear. I bought some from BMI and if you still have the handlebar master you must know what the type of brake fluid is. And I am just Steve to everyone. LOL
Steve:scooter:

wjustice

Heh, thanks Steve. Well I was raised to show respect and you have been very helpful and deserve it.
Actually I dont have any bars on it. Still looking for just what I need and want. I am looking at the Hand lever (600537) and caliper (600504b) from BMI. I dont know much about them and their pics only tell so much.
The lever is for 1" bars and originals were 7/8. I'm taking my time but finding bars just like originals is tough. Assuming they were all about the same, my TS has 19" rise but are narrow at only 27" wide. Most are shorter or much wider. Also many are 1" or 1.25 tube...Arrgghhhh!

The Martin handle bar master is made to fit both sides of the bars and a little bit od shiming will make the bars fit just fine on 7/8 bars.
If you look on e-bay under Alsport they do come up. You can contact me by e-mail and I can give you information on a person who might have a pair of bars for the Tri-Sport RTS. Go to. I do have a NOS Kelsey Hays handle bar master cylinder it does not say what the dot fluid used I would guess DOT 3 or 4 . I will sell it for $75.00 as it is the right one for the Tri-Sport

wjustice

Man that is very tempting. However my caliper looks like its junk. If I go with the Martin caliper then I will most likely go with the matching master cylinder. I will keep your offer in mind though, thanks.