Another Motor Install !!!

hey guy`s i just put another motor in my mini a honda 5.5 the clone i had in it had a real bad vibration so bad i could barely sit on the bike so i came across the honda (freebie) so i took all the mods off the clone and put on this one . header, valve springs filter, # 90 main jet,removed governer,shaved the block i little to remove the tabs that held gas tank. it runs fine but still has a sputter unless throttle is wide open? it still needs more work (brakes)!!! but slowly getting there. what do you guy`s think

Last edited:
well the shake was the clone ! when i took it apart their were shavings in the oil and the crank looked like it went through a meat grinder it was all scared up that motor is new in the box and i looked inside before i put in mini so i guess you get what you pay for , i got it for free . i still like the clones so now i have spare parts:hammer:

the reason i moved the motor 1 the filter was in the way i had nowhere to put my feet, two i moved the rear wheel outside the frame longer wheel base no more wheelies , plus it was a bitch keeping the long chain on the sprocket !! now no problems.:scooter:

Hi Jim : I like everything except if the foot pegs if yours are solid that can be hazardous in the turns. Fold up pegs are easy to install some of the best are the Tote Gote style.
Just drop a wheel into a roadway rut and lean into a turn and a solid peg will spoil that moment. Steve :scooter:

george3

where does everybody get the exhast fo the gx160 engines? I am going to install one on my bonanza. how loud is it? I would like mine quiet as possable. like a thief in the night so to speak. by the way, why does every call their engines, motors? motors run electricity, engines run on gas. but they run on motor oil. figure that.

you can buy headers from AGK they have everything for honda`s even ones with mufflers .my girlfriend hates my mini becuase it it so loud i love it , if it`s too loud your too old !!!

Hi Jim : I like everything except if the foot pegs if yours are solid that can be hazardous in the turns. Fold up pegs are easy to install some of the best are the Tote Gote style.
Just drop a wheel into a roadway rut and lean into a turn and a solid peg will spoil that moment. Steve :scooter:
thanks steve i do appreciate the things you say it means alot when you veterans of the mini bike world ,you ,minidragbike, yellowhand and all the others that help us new guys out with honest tips and not snot nose kid remarks like i see all the time . but anyway you are correct ,better foot pegs those are just quick throw ons i can`t test and tune motor dragging my feet i go through a bunch of sneakers this way.bad enough i still don`t have brakes yet !!! ouch !! but thank you for the input :thumbsup:

gas tank !!!

hey man can you post some pics of the tank and how you did it ? :scooter:
i used 3 inch exhaust pipe (TRUCK) 8" long 16gauge flat plate steel ,traced the pipe on the plate for the ends cut them with a grinder (all i had) welded them on sanded them down got a 3/4 " steel nipple drilled 3/4" hole lined it up welded it sanded it tested for leaks ,drilled 1/8 ' hole on bottom 1/8' nipple welded it ,1/8" brass barb nipple screwed it in and done i used a garden hose cap for the lid it is the same thread so it works easy all under $5.00

i used 3 inch exhaust pipe (TRUCK) 8" long 16gauge flat plate steel ,traced the pipe on the plate for the ends cut them with a grinder (all i had) welded them on sanded them down got a 3/4 " steel nipple drilled 3/4" hole lined it up welded it sanded it tested for leaks ,drilled 1/8 ' hole on bottom 1/8' nipple welded it ,1/8" brass barb nipple screwed it in and done i used a garden hose cap for the lid it is the same thread so it works easy all under $5.00
where did you get the steel nipple and the garden hose cap at ? also did you coat the inside of the tank with any thing to prevent rust ? :hack::grind::weld::thumbsup:

i got everything at ace hardware you can get that stuff at any hardware store and no i did not coat the tank i could , but i didn`t want to send $20.00 on tank coating so far so good !!

i dont like muffers i like it loud i built a drag styl mini so i can run up and down the street , go to 7-11 to buy beer with my buddies in the middle of the night !! i`m a 36 yr old kid the cops come to the house all the time for riding in the street now they just drive by and wave . so don`t go by me i like the noise i pay taxes i should be able to do what i want - well some things . if you like it loud no muffler ,the straight pipes really ain`t that loud compared to the ones with the trumpet ends

yes you are correct dont mind me not too much has been going on in the forums so when i get going i get off in my own little world of craziness :eek:ut: :eek:ut: :eek:ut: