Another new guy

Hi everyone,

This weekend I just purchased a old Super Bronc that has been sitting in a barn for quite a few years -- no engine; just a frame and seat and a couple of rotted tires. I picked this bike up for a few reasons. 1) I want to get my kids off the Xbox360 and learn something worth while. 2) I haven't ever done this before, have minimal tools (but can borrow a few) and its pretty much out of character for me - so it might be fun to make a few mistakes and see if we can figure it out together. My boys are 13 and 11 so they should be the perfect age to the ride it when we are completed.

My current plan is as follows and your welcome to tell me where I am all wrong in my thinking:

1. I am going to get frame sand blasted - (Next week)
2. I am going to power coat the frame and associated parts (most likely red - but will let the kids decide the final color). - Following week

3. I am planning on using a 10HP Techumseh engine -- but don't know anything about how to get the Engine connected to the chain, clutch, etc..

4. Planning on getting help from one of the seat experts on this forum to help me come up with the seat..

Beyond that -- I am hoping to find a Project log or post that outlines what someone else did for engine, drive train, etc..

Any recommendations of sites for reasonable parts, etc.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Kevin Moll
Olathe, Kansas

catfishman

looks like a great starting point, but i would probably not go with the 10hp for your first project, a 4hp tecumseh, or 5hp briggs would be fine. or a clone if you want to go that route. just my opinion. these other guys will have much better info for you than me.:thumbsup: