Any fellow NYC (brooklyn) minibikers?

In flatbush, right near marine park.
You're kidding...I used to live in Gerritsen Beach...near Marine park. I was wondering where you're able to ride up there. In my old neighborhood, there were fields and trails near the creek. It would be a fun place to ride, but i think the cops patrol it more these days. There's been a bunch of yahoos with quads and dirtbikes that tear up the place. I could see where the cops are clamping down on these a**holes. Back in the '60's we used to terrorize the streets with our go-karts and minibikes.
So, in a sense, I guess we were no better than these jackasses.

I have a shop on Utica Ave. by ave M
Isn't that near where the bus garage is? I think that was between Ave M and N. in between Utica and Flatbush Ave.
I've been away from the area for close to 30 yrs. so I'm trying to tap into my old memory bank.

So where do you Brooklyn guys ride these days besides buzzing the side streets?

Last edited:

Street Smart

Isn't that near where the bus garage is? I think that was between Ave M and N. in between Utica and Flatbush Ave.
I've been away from the area for close to 30 yrs. so I'm trying to tap into my old memory bank.

So where do you Brooklyn guys ride these days besides buzzing the side streets?
Bus depo is between ave O and Fillmore couple blocks south from me.
I mostly ride when we are at the track racing our cars. My son uses his to run local errands.

I mostly ride when we are at the track racing our cars. My son uses his to run local errands.
So much for my memory.....:facepalm: Thanks for correcting me. So you use your minibike as a pitbike in a sense.
What's the name of your shop, btw? I still have a few old friends left in Bklyn.
Back in the day, I used to work at Premier Ford as a parts driver and also worked at Richard Buick and Aldan VW-Porsche- Audi.
I know Aldan and Richard Buick have been closed for years...but I think Premier Ford might still be in existence.

So much for my memory.....:facepalm: Thanks for correcting me. So you use your minibike as a pitbike in a sense.
What's the name of your shop, btw? I still have a few old friends left in Bklyn.
Back in the day, I used to work at Premier Ford as a parts driver and also worked at Richard Buick and Aldan VW-Porsche- Audi.
I know Aldan and Richard Buick have been closed for years...but I think Premier Ford might still be in existence maybe under a different name.

Every time I've walked through Central Park I remember (hopefully correctly) that pic of Paul Newman riding a pocket bike around the sidewalks there.
He could get away with it... The rider I saw zip through on what looked like a gold/green Bronco? last year: Maybe pushing his luck? lol. Can't blame him/her though.

NYC would be a handy place to have a on/off/minibike to get around on, dangerous and fun, but handy sans the law. I've seen a couple running around on the sidewalks there though.

I work on Wall St and live on Long Island. I'd be up for a ride somewhere.

I've always had this idea floating around what's left of my brain where we get a bunch of riders on bikes they don't really care about if the cops confiscate them and race from the Battery to 125th St. The Great Manhattan Minibike Rally. You could take any route and any short cut you choose (except of course putting the bike in a bus or cab). If everyone in the race is nabbed then the one who made it the furthest wins. There would be mandatory check points you would need to pass so officials can validate you didn't get a ride. A piece of crap Manco or other bike you wouldn't cry over if it were taken away by cops would be a must

Davis

I've always had this idea floating around what's left of my brain where we get a bunch of riders on bikes they don't really care about if the cops confiscate them and race from the Battery to 125th St. The Great Manhattan Minibike Rally. You could take any route and any short cut you choose (except of course putting the bike in a bus or cab). If everyone in the race is nabbed then the one who made it the furthest wins. There would be mandatory check points you would need to pass so officials can validate you didn't get a ride. A piece of crap Manco or other bike you wouldn't cry over if it were taken away by cops would be a must
That's sounds like a blast get the dbs and bajas and give it at you got!

Street Smart

I know Aldan and Richard Buick have been closed for years...but I think Premier Ford might still be in existence.
Street Smart Performance is my shop. Premier is still open, my parents bought a bug from Aldan back in 1969. I was a mechanic at Baron Buick (Cropsey ave) back in the 80s right out of college.

Street Smart

Every time I've walked through Central Park I remember (hopefully correctly) that pic of Paul Newman riding a pocket bike around the sidewalks there.
He could get away with it... The rider I saw zip through on what looked like a gold/green Bronco? last year: Maybe pushing his luck? lol. Can't blame him/her though.

NYC would be a handy place to have a on/off/minibike to get around on, dangerous and fun, but handy sans the law. I've seen a couple running around on the sidewalks there though.
I have that pic in my photos, he was the MAN!

Street Smart

Making of a good reality TV show!

Street Smart Performance is my shop. Premier is still open, my parents bought a bug from Aldan back in 1969. I was a mechanic at Baron Buick (Cropsey ave) back in the 80s right out of college.
That's cool. What does your shop specialize in? My dad bought a new '71 Buick Skylark back in late '70 from Richard Buick.
Baron Buick is apparently in Manhattan on Third Ave. now.

Btw, that's a cool picture of Paul Newman on that mini-mini bike. He was still racing cars at like 80 yrs old.

Last edited: