Any Ideas for This Chappy Rebuild?

Hey ya'll..
I have been a long time chappy fan, this being my second chappy.. I am looking to really make this one nice.. I had a 78, orange and white, and now this one is blue and white, and a 79..

I have completely torn the little guy apart now, and am looking to restore it to as close as I can get to OEM..(except for a few parts)

I love the original paint scheme, although I need to strip and repaint it..

Does anyone know where I can get reproduction Yamaha blue this color?
Thoughts on LED bulbs in original housing?

Thanks for looking.. Please add your input! I want Ideas!

nice i have a champ but the chappys are definatly cooler. do those have a high/low range for offroad? You should be able to find out the paint color name and code by looking up what was offered that year and take it to a local auto paint store and have them mix it up. you dont need much thats for sure :laugh:

nice i have a champ but the chappys are definatly cooler. do those have a high/low range for offroad? You should be able to find out the paint color name and code by looking up what was offered that year and take it to a local auto paint store and have them mix it up. you dont need much thats for sure :laugh:
yep they sure do.

hey chappyguy welcome to OldMiniBikes :thumbsup:
where do you find parts for the chappy ? im needing to get some carb parts and have had no luck finding anything :shrug:

hey chappyguy welcome to OldMiniBikes :thumbsup:
where do you find parts for the chappy ? im needing to get some carb parts and have had no luck finding anything :shrug:
To be honest I haven't done much shopping! Do you have any thoughts on different sprockets? or tires? (street treads)

and yes it has a 2 speed low range, as well as high range..
sometimes I accelerate in 2 speed low, and then flip the manual switch into high gear! I know that is bad, but its kinda funny! 3 Speed! lol..

havent really done much with mine , just fixed some problems with the throttle cable fraying and put a different tank setup on it . as my fuel pump seems to be gone .
im running a square nobby and it does well on the street . the other tire is a more street tread i dont care all that much for it . but i ride on gravel and grass too so a 50/50 works better for me .

1978 Yamaha Chaffy

I got a 78 Chaffy last fall. The carb leaked so I bought a new knock off and plan on putting it on real soon. I could of got a rebuild kit but for $60 I got a new carb. I have never riden mine and with a 80cc motor I hope it has some zip to it. I thought the white seat looked a bit gay but I may leave it or spray it black. The back of the seat says Beach Bum and I would rather set my but of a seat that was white than a black one after it has been sitting in the sun for a while. Time will tell. Gary M

Attachments

Hey ya'll..
I have been a long time chappy fan, this being my second chappy.. I am looking to really make this one nice.. I had a 78, orange and white, and now this one is blue and white, and a 79..

I have completely torn the little guy apart now, and am looking to restore it to as close as I can get to OEM..(except for a few parts)

I love the original paint scheme, although I need to strip and repaint it..

Does anyone know where I can get reproduction Yamaha blue this color?
Thoughts on LED bulbs in original housing?

Thanks for looking.. Please add your input! I want Ideas!

Are you able to get the Yamaha Sticker decal(under seat) in that color?