Any one ever tried to register anything other than a moped as a moped?

I have had success registering motor bikes that look nothing like a moped.
At the registry where i live [Worcester Ma.]No title No bill of sale is needed.
I simply state it was a gift.If bike has no VIN # i can find i simply make one up.The brand names of the bikes are names on the engine.As for the model again i make one up,say model # 156 or something.
They have a book at the registry with various brand name mopeds and of
coarse the brand name of my bikes are not in there, that seems confusing
to the person at the counter like he or she is dumfounded yet they hand over
moped stickers for said bikes.
As for the police i get pulled over a few times each year.Never got a ticket.
My bikes seem to fit the definition of a moped yet most cops do not seem to know this until they read the registration.

Anyway,Any one ever tried to register anything other than a moped
as a moped in your state?
Thanks,,,,,,,,,,
For those that might not have seen my bikes yet,
photos are attached,,,all 48-49 cc.
2 are semi auto 4 speed and 1 is 4 speed clutched.

choppers10 010.jpg choppers10 011.jpg choppers11 002.jpg choppers11 004.jpg

In VA, it used to be as long as it had turn signals, head and taillights, and was 50CC's or under, it was considered a moped and did not even need to be registered or get a title for it. That changed in 2013, though and by last June (I think) mopeds needed to get titles and be registered. Prior to the law change, although I had not done so myself, it was not uncommon to see those honda dirtbike clones used as "mopeds", in my area. Have not seen any since the law changed, though. It maybe because there is a "secret" list of acceptable mopeds that VA keeps. When I got a title for my Freespirit moped, the lady had all sorts of trouble because it kept coming up as an "unapproved" moped. Her supervisor finally got it worked out, luckily.