Any problems with removing the compression release?

Engine is a OHV 6hp powersport. Was looking at the release lever on outside of the cam gear, that thing comes out way to easy ! Anyone have one come off/loose while running? I emagine to cover keeps it from coming all the way out.

Will removing it cause any balance or other problems? Not a hard engine to pull anyway.

will stiffer 18lbs valve springs hurt the cheesy looking plastic cam?

Thanks.

you want to keep it. i removed mine when i remove my governor, and it will tear your arm apart. when you pull start it will grab and practically pull your arm out of socket

125ccCrazy

I wouldnt suggest stiffer springs with the nylon cam, if you want to do any upgrades I'd suggest getting a steel cam, those nylon cams are pethetic, I don't see how the lobes don't twist on the shaft.... that has to be one of the dumbest things Briggs and Tec did..

I wouldnt suggest stiffer springs with the nylon cam, if you want to do any upgrades I'd suggest getting a steel cam, those nylon cams are pethetic, I don't see how the lobes don't twist on the shaft.... that has to be one of the dumbest things Briggs and Tec did..
I think they did it for noise reduction (and cost). Funny, I haven't heard of them breaking that much in stock form. I've read some kart guys have used springs on stock cams, you just don't go heavy.