anyone familler with drilling carb jet?

my son has an intech 6.5 that we installed put the animal rod, cam, 20lb valve springs, also a billet jr flywheel, k&n filter, timming with a straight key (no advance) it ran extremely lean:doah: and once you went to open throttle it would fall on its face:doah: (my big carbs have a pilot,and a main) this carb looks to have 1 jet/emulsion tube:shrug: it was .070 and i drilled it to
.077 no more stumble an runs to about 4100 no problem:thumbsup: but the plug is still white as snow!:thumbdown: anyone messed with this before?:confused: i wish had the money to buy animal carb but dont right now

ive drilled jets before, but now on your application. Ive done them by hand with a tiny drill bit. It works well on clone engines.

Big D your are doing it right.I use 2 jets when drilling and alternate.when it gets to tan I'll go next size up until it starts to get dark brown. then I'll reinstall the one before it.

Same here I have drilled jets on the clones carbs, and my Kehein 20mm clone carbs. I have a small orifice drill kit for drilling out gas burner orifices that I use. I start with the next bit bigger drill bit over stock until I get it where it runs good, It always could to have a couple of spare jets incase you go to big.

i will take pictures tonight hopefully :doah: there are no screw in jets like my 42mm carb,just a tube that goes strait through. that might be why no one messes with this carb:censure:

:deal:mine is the one in figure 125 that i can promise you wont be able to see:laugh:

i will play alittle more and tell my son we will prob have to buy a carb:crying:

If its the original carb on the Intek they are fixed jet, basically non adjustable. But it seems reasonable that you can drill it to get more fuel. I own 20 briggs Inteks and havent had to adjust any of the carbs. But I'm not going for the horsepower you are going for.

If its the original carb on the Intek they are fixed jet, basically non adjustable. But it seems reasonable that you can drill it to get more fuel. I own 20 briggs Inteks and havent had to adjust any of the carbs. But I'm not going for the horsepower you are going for.
i was worried about the plastic cam and no govenor so i put the animal cam and a billet rod and flywheel i think the cam must be more lift needing more fuel:shrug:

The dirt kart tracks around have a class for these, called "pure stock". I know they re-jet the idle jet and main jet, but leave the rest of the engine pretty much stock. They look pretty strong on the track IMO. The kids start out with 3.5 Briggs, next go to Pure Stock Briggs Intec, then Animal with restrictor, then modified Animal, etc, etc.

Not sure, but think this carb is very similar to 6.5 Clone carb, probably Chinese carb. :shrug: