Anyone have experience with this motor

was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this motor on a mini bike... after i am able to stretch the doodle bug out, i will be swapping the predator 212 with something a bit nicer... dont know much about briggs motors, but hear great things. as far as performance, would money be better spent, building a clone, trying to keep budget as low as possible and keeping in mind at some point, my kids will want to ride it... doesnt say how much hp it is etc. but the other motor listed is 10hp with a more conservative rev limiter... i do not want to go much over $1000 for a motor... if i end up buying another for the project...

i need three motors total, i have one... was going to donate the current motor to my sons project, get a smaller or more restricted one for my daughter (although that will piss her off) and grab me something with a little more nuts... whatever i do i have to do it in a timely fashion as my real passion is in my track car project...

thanks,
Gerald

Briggs Stratton World Formula Go Kart Racing Engine | eBay

If it were me, I'd go with a big block Honda/clone & work from there. Or build a 212 predator from what it seems.

$1000 for that engine IMHO is a little excessive for a minibike.

If it were me, I'd go with a big block Honda/clone & work from there. Or build a 212 predator from what it seems.

$1000 for that engine IMHO is a little excessive for a minibike.
Your opinion is def appreciated and wanted. I have a predator 212. The 420 was another option, however after spending several more hundred dollars to get it to its current state (which is still mild) and to get it to perform at its potential "safely". I started to think that spending more and getting one ready to go would be more to my liking and maybe even a wiser choice. Not sure yet :shrug: if i get that 420 clone, i may be in it close to $1000 or more when all said and done. And when i priced a fully built predator 212, i stopped adding to cart when it got to around $1800

Here's a link: http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/b...rld-formula-engines-expensive.html#post210327

One of the guys in that thread is Randi 125cccrzy and I bought one of his modified BS flat heads and it screams. He knows his stuff, (like a few more here) and recommends the WF.

Note, that is an electric start motor, made in the USA.
Thank you i will check that thread out.

agree with dave been drooling over those engines they are sick it will have plenty of NUTS!!!!
I like the electric start too and maybe with a few more upgrades can be even better.

Holy crap, $1800 for a go-fast predator? Damn man!
Actually added up to around 2200 (nr racing). Im building a race car and cannot budget tht much into this stuff and still do tht. :laugh: just trying to have fun with the family. Hell may even sell the harley, to help free up money (cant ride it much anymore)... But not for a minibike motor. Lol

It just made me think after the extra i put into that predator, some of the other motors started to become an option. I bought the predator thinking i could just bolt it on. But then after research and hearing about flywheels and rods potentially breaking, it made me not comfortable with my kids or wife even being around it. So billet part here, cam there, etc, the higher priced motors started looking more reasonable to me. Lol. I may still go for a predator 420 and billet parts, afterall. But if the WF is better performing after all the upgrades to an equally budgeted clone, id rather just spend the money on that.

I saw a thread for a motor around $1000. I clicked on it, because i wanted to see if it was worth the buy. Thread was vague, until edited. In the thread people asked for pics. Seller refused to post them, referring to his cell phone and textin. If i gave my number out or had to text every time i was interested in something, everyone would have my number. Lol. Made me uncomfortable with no pics of the actual product (just a red flag for me). I responded to that thread still interested in the stuff. I was rather insulted by some of the comments (as far as if someone doesnt know this or that, then they shouldnt buy the stuff) or the broke/mouthy people disappearing. Lmao! Got me to researching what i could get for the same budget. Found this WF motor. I like it. I just dont want to spend and be disappointed with the choice as far as wanting a more radical drag bike than what i initially planned on building.

I saw a thread for a motor around $1000. I clicked on it, because i wanted to see if it was worth the buy. Thread was vague, until edited. In the thread people asked for pics. Seller refused to post them, referring to his cell phone and textin. If i gave my number out or had to text every time i was interested in something, everyone would have my number. Lol. Made me uncomfortable with no pics of the actual product (just a red flag for me). I responded to that thread still interested in the stuff. I was rather insulted by some of the comments (as far as if someone doesnt know this or that, then they shouldnt buy the stuff) or the broke/mouthy people disappearing. Lmao! Got me to researching what i could get for the same budget. Found this WF motor. I like it. I just dont want to spend and be disappointed with the choice as far as wanting a more radical drag bike than what i initially planned on building.
:thumbsup: I felt the same way about that thread. Like, "if you need to see photos, maybe this isn't the engine for you." Also had extra parts (alky option for example) that one may not wish to spend the money on. It wasn't a deal anyway, after checking existing prices from vendors. (Who did have photos) :shrug:

:thumbsup: I felt the same way about that thread. Like, "if you need to see photos, maybe this isn't the engine for you." Also had extra parts (alky option for example) that one may not wish to spend the money on. It wasn't a deal anyway, after checking existing prices from vendors. (Who did have photos) :shrug:
Yep. Oh well. Would have been an easy sell at the time until i looked around. :laugh:, im gonna go through that WF thread im leaning toward this motor. Still need to check on modded predator 420s and add up the price modded, then compare some numbers. Once done i will order one or the other.

The World formula engine makes 14 HP on pump gas right out of the box and has more torque on tap than you need unless you are buying one for racing because that is what they were designed for. They really are worth every penny.Briggs engines are race proven to be the best period. Just my 2 cents.

I agree with rocco. can't go wrong with the briggs.
takes lots of dough to get a cheap ass Chinese clone race ready and then you have a expensive cheap ass Chinese clone.our kart club runs the 206 and even they are very impressive.buttloads of torque. just go with an animal if you don't really need the
e-start

I have WF, raced it on my kart 1st time this past weekend. I ran with 2 other Animals and it was a little faster, could pull up behind them on straights, pass pretty easy. I have Animal engines too.

I would recommend you consider Animal, and save some $'s. WF is Animal with better rod, cam, valve train, higher compression, bigger carb, etc. You don't really need electric start IMO, I don't run it, battery is a pain, just something else to go wrong. Animal is very nice race engine, stock makes honest 9hp. I normally rev mine 7000 rpms plus/ minus and doesn't bother it.

You do get a clutch (Premier Titan) with the WF and sometimes an exhaust and muffler. You probably won't be able to use exhaust/ muffler on your minibike. The clutch is pretty cool IMO, works very well, but many don't like it. I have red springs in mine and it locks up at 4000 rpms very consistently.

I know you are motorcycle guy, so have more skill riding than me. Just me, but I wouldn't put Animal or WF on minibike unless I was going to drag race it. I read a post about that stock WF on minibike will hit over 70mph at drag strip and I believe it.

As for the 420 clone, I have raced with them before, and they often don't finish race, wear out chains/ sprocket very quickly. But, if you like huge power, they are very cool. :thumbsup:

I have WF, raced it on my kart 1st time this past weekend. I ran with 2 other Animals and it was a little faster, could pull up behind them on straights, pass pretty easy. I have Animal engines too.

I would recommend you consider Animal, and save some $'s. WF is Animal with better rod, cam, valve train, higher compression, bigger carb, etc. You don't really need electric start IMO, I don't run it, battery is a pain, just something else to go wrong. Animal is very nice race engine, stock makes honest 9hp. I normally rev mine 7000 rpms plus/ minus and doesn't bother it.

You do get a clutch (Premier Titan) with the WF and sometimes an exhaust and muffler. You probably won't be able to use exhaust/ muffler on your minibike. The clutch is pretty cool IMO, works very well, but many don't like it. I have red springs in mine and it locks up at 4000 rpms very consistently.

I know you are motorcycle guy, so have more skill riding than me. Just me, but I wouldn't put Animal or WF on minibike unless I was going to drag race it. I read a post about that stock WF on minibike will hit over 70mph at drag strip and I believe it.

As for the 420 clone, I have raced with them before, and they often don't finish race, wear out chains/ sprocket very quickly. But, if you like huge power, they are very cool. :thumbsup:
great info thanks, im all about saving money too... is it possible for you to shoot me a link to which animal you are talking about? i do not need the estart, that was just the motor that popped up when i searched for motors around $1000... if i can get away with spending less, i will... i just want something that will perform much better than the modded predator i have in one of the project bikes... gonna donate that motor to my son, once his grades check out and build me something a little better...

My opinion would be to go with the Animal, it doesn't seem like they're really pushing an insane amount of power out of it, and it should last a while.

I'm not sure how long the WF would hold up making that much power. 14hp on pump gas is one hell of a figure.

My opinion would be to go with the Animal, it doesn't seem like they're really pushing an insane amount of power out of it, and it should last a while.

I'm not sure how long the WF would hold up making that much power. 14hp on pump gas is one hell of a figure.
that is prob the direction i will go in... unfortunately :censure: the wife noticed how far ive gotten on a few of the mini bike projects and she now wants a kart so she can ride around with my son, daughter and i, or go to the track... soon as i find one for her, i will be building a motor for the drag project... i tried to convince her to take the red bonanza project i just picked up and fix it up for her, but after seeing how uncomfortable she was on the doodlebug, i agree, she should have 4 wheels...

she wants a shifter kart, but doesnt like the plastics, so im guessing vintage, i have never owned a kart too (but have driven them years ago) and she has all these grand ideas of what im going to do on it! :blink: