Anyone here own a Yamaha TW200?

I have a chance to buy a 101 mile 10+hrs 2016 model for $3500, I have always wanted one since riding one at a family event. I don't need to ride highway speeds but would like to know if it will cruise 55-65 for short jaunts to get to better fishing spots. I plan to use it for errands and short trips for now then as a primary source of transportation when I move to the lake. So if anyone here has one tell me how you like it, pros and cons alike. Thanks in advance.

Kind of ironic you'd ask because I just read on a different forum about a guy who travelled over 5000 miles on a multistate trip across the U.S. on a TW200. Obvously many of those miles were at highway speeds, so my guess is it can probably do 65-70 ish. If I can find the post I'll link it up to this post for you. He also has a blog chronicling his adventure. Pretty damn impressive if you ask me....especially on a 200cc bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
James Brewton has one. I think that price is high myself.Maybe the 350 model would be better suited for what you need. It was about 2 months ago on craigslist,there was a guy who had six each of the 200 and 350 Yamaha BW.He wanted 2000 apiece for the 200 and 3500 for the 350 ones.Thinking they were in Ponca City.

Last edited:
Those TWs are fun, fun, fun. My kid teaches the safe rider classes required to get a motorcycle operator's license in our state and they use TWs for training bikes. Freeway speeds are attainable, but not really the bike's intended environment. That little engine is really going to spin at 65mph.