Anyone thought about a side car for a mini bike?

i've thought about one for using with yard work to maybe haul tools, yard debris but the side cart would have to be pretty large to haul anything so scrapped the idea.

I made one to haul my safety gear to corners when I use to flag for the SCCA. Made it ridged first, but a bump would send you off course, and it only liked turning to the left. Changed it to articulating, you can still lean into the corners going right or left and bumps no longer affect it. Articulating is the way to go, much easier to ride and safer. You do have to remember that you are wider. I have had friends ride it and forget about the width and catch garbage cans or traffic cones around a few race tracks. Been thinking about adding a fairing to it, to make it look better. The side car now is just a flat platform to haul my gear on.

the main thing to make it rideable it needs to be heavy enough to keep itself planted. I made one for my scooter i had to add some weight to it. It could use some more but its not bad.

2SlickNick

I thought about it for one of our minis, I considered using 2 matching shallow wheel barrow bodies and cutting an opening in the top half and hinging the 2 together! The frame would be up to your imagination!!!???? Considering it would be hauling my almost 2 yr old son, I would consider maybe some type of roll bar and a break away cable ( wire ) to kill the ignition, accidents do happen!!! Carpet and pad the interior and paint to match your bike! After reading this draft the kill cable really doesn't make a lot of sense does it! Just a safety cable!