Anyone try this carb upgrade on a 2.8 97cc?

that looks like a stock clone carb. even if it is a 24mm one that is way too big for a stock DB engine. lots of us with modded 6.5s are running 22mm carbs.

basically, don't buy it.

that's probably still too big for an otherwise stock 2.8. the GX200/6.5 clones have a 19mm carb stock (that looks to be one).

if you really want to try and make one work, i think i have at least a couple of them laying around. just pay shipping and it's yours, PM me if you're interested.

air-fuel mixture adjustment

I have a DB30 with a stock 2.8 Lifan that has no air-fuel mix screw. The spot where the screw & spring should be are filled with what appears to be hard plastic or some other material. Mine runs pretty good for a small motor but if I could fine tune it , it would run better. Some genius at the factory figured they could save a few pennies per unit I guess. Anyone else have one like this? The frustration of it all !!! tardman

I have a DB30 with a stock 2.8 Lifan that has no air-fuel mix screw. The spot where the screw & spring should be are filled with what appears to be hard plastic or some other material. Mine runs pretty good for a small motor but if I could fine tune it , it would run better. Some genius at the factory figured they could save a few pennies per unit I guess. Anyone else have one like this? The frustration of it all !!! tardman
It's probably an emissions thing... something they came up with in Copenhagen no doubt.:thefinger:

GP

When I get enough posts to PM I will certainly contact Strigoi regarding an adjustable 2.8 carb. I like mine, just not happy with carb right now.