Anyone want to install a Stage 1 Upgrade kit for me?

jackb.

Hello, I have a 1967 Montgomery Ward with everything except the engine, clutch, and chain. I've been waiting for NR Racing to get their upgraded engines back in stock but I come to find out today that they are not doing that anymore! They are still selling stock engines and hop up kits but I am too scared to install one myself. I don't have enough experience and I want my mini bike to be as safe as possible. Im specifically trying to get a hop up kit for either a Honda or Honda clone. If you have any information or contacts for me, please reach out to me.

So Stage 1 kits are a little different everywhere you shop. I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve but if you aren't removing the governor, Doing a filter, re-jet, exhaust and timing advance is very simple. This will wake up a stock GX200, clone or 212 predator. I really don't see the need to put vavle springs in a nearly stock engine. Adding spring pressure increases drag. Even if raise the governor rpm by 500, stock springs would be fine. If you want to remove the governor and try to rev it to the moon, it really wont make power with the stock cam past 4800 or so (without other work).
Here's a pretty good video that walks you through the basic stage 1....

jackb.

So Stage 1 kits are a little different everywhere you shop. I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve but if you aren't removing the governor, Doing a filter, re-jet, exhaust and timing advance is very simple. This will wake up a stock GX200, clone or 212 predator. I really don't see the need to put vavle springs in a nearly stock engine. Adding spring pressure increases drag. Even if raise the governor rpm by 500, stock springs would be fine. If you want to remove the governor and try to rev it to the moon, it really wont make power with the stock cam past 4800 or so (without other work).
Here's a pretty good video that walks you through the basic stage 1....

Thank you. I think I am going to buy the Tillotson with the stage 1 kit already installed. I was going to buy a honda clone with stage 1 kit from NR Racing.