ARCO Head Tube Bushings

Hello,

I need some ARCO head tube bushings bad. Will pay good money thanks!
These seem like steel but would prefer bronze but will take whatever I can get at this point lol

5/8" ID X .965" OD X 3/4" long
Flange = 5/64" thick, 1-1/8" diameter

Thanks for any info anyone could provide. I would greatly appreciate it!

They are just shy of 1-1/8 OD and yes I agree it is a strange size indeed. Makes me wonder if this was homemade, the forks were repaired multiple times so the bike had definitely been welded on before or had an accident maybe. I don't know the history of the bike at all. All I know is the person who gave it to me couldn't give it away because it was in such bad shape. So I took it and have tried to give it new life as a drag bike.
Does anyone have a link to bearings/tubing/etc that I could purchase and then replace this odd head tube arrangement with a sealed bearing setup? Thanks.

CarPlayLB

I have a piece of tube I stole from an edger that accommodates a standard type wheel bearing that may work if you are willing to do some welding! Use it with a flanged bearing and you'd be in business! If you can use, send me a PM and I will get it to you

I have a piece of tube I stole from an edger that accommodates a standard type wheel bearing that may work if you are willing to do some welding! Use it with a flanged bearing and you'd be in business! If you can use, send me a PM and I will get it to you
Ok thanks so much for the generous offer! I will definitely let you know

I just bit the bullet and bought some bronze. I'll just make 2 sets for myself 1 for now, and 1 for later just in case.
I'm sure it might take a little while but it sure will be nice to have good steering lol.

Massacre, your dimensions are correct. The Arco's used a larger head tube than most bikes for bushings. The were steel from the factory and not bronze. However, I would thing bronze would be a much better choice.

Massacre, your dimensions are correct. The Arco's used a larger head tube than most bikes for bushings. The were steel from the factory and not bronze. However, I would thing bronze would be a much better choice.
Wow, thanks! So I'm not nuts (well...)

OK cool. I hope the material gets here fast.