Arco Reynolds I think....

Hey all. I'm new here and just registered. I recently came across an old Arco Reynolds frame (I believe) for 20 bucks in my search for a mini bike for my niece. That way when my daughter and my other niece are riding they all three can ride together. The frame is in pretty good shape but it didn't come with any forks. I don't mind though. Gives me a winter project now that work has slowed down and I've already gained so much info reading past posts, I can't thank you enough.The rear wheel is a 4.10/3.50-6. I'd like to stay with the 6" rim front and rear but I'd like to go wider. Possibly run a balloon type tire so it doesn't tear up the yard so much because it can get pretty wet. The factory rim and sprocket are welded solid into one piece and the sprocket seems to be away from the tire a good bit more than some of the newer wheel/sprocket set ups and I think this would give me a little more room to play with. I was wondering if anyone has any idea what the widest tire I could get away with? Or if I gave the measurement of the maximum width between where the rear wheel bolts to the frame, if someone could give me an idea of what I might work. I would prefer something like the following: https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/145-70-X-6-Knobby-ATV-Tire-2-Ply-6_0-Wide-14_2-OD.html?category_id=22 but I don't know if that is even in the ballpark. Thanks for any advice you all might have.

View attachment 81707

I'd try the 5.30x4.50x6". You tony get the above knobby to clear the sprocket on the stock wheel. There isn't a lot of room in those frames to go bigger without widening them.

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

Thanks for the welcome and I figured that tire would be to big, even if I were to use different rims. I'll try your suggested size and keep you all update!

I know this is a few months old, but did you (or anyone) try this tire size? I have a 6" wheel ARCO I wouldn't mind putting a wider tire on.