Arctic cat ssscat WHAT DO I DO!!!??????

Jamie1972

Got a chance to buy an Artic cat ssscat nice orig. cond. NO SACHS motor but comes with a 5hp motor for 325.00 3hr drive WHAt do i do!!!!?????

iS IT WORTH IT IN GENERAL????? WITH OUT THE Sachs????:scared:

If it has a Briggs it probably came with a Tecumseh...

I would ask for more detailed pics and description... If both tav clutches are there, chrome looks good, tank and seat are there and look good.. Ya know?? 7 inch oddball wheels...

All of that stuff is dollars too.. 3 hours aint bad in a little car... :shrug:

Jamie1972

everything looks good on the bike.....Handle bars are a bit rusty on left side, good orig. type tires No dry rot. No tares in the seat, good tank with decals in tachted. The clutch i dont know...It has a cover over it...I would assume its there?

Worth it?

Those gas tanks and stuff aren't cheap at all.. If the fenders and stuff are there.. it's a bike you can ride... :shrug: A Damn Baha Doodlefart will cost ya well more than that at the store..

Jamie1972

Nice "Cat" avatar! Looks like my Tabby:thumbsup:
All man.....I dont know. Looking at other examples the bike prob. had the saxonette and the sprocket is the wrong size too. almost looks like someone welded a larger one over the smaller stock one....:glare:

parts alone would be worth that...... If you had a pic that you could send me I can tell you if it is a ssscat I or a ssscat II. SSSCAT I had the sachs, i'd have to see a pic to tell you if it was altered so that the briggs would fit. the SSSCAT II had a tecumseh HS40, which is often times replaced with a briggs..... Is the gas cap gauge original, functioning, and not fogged up? If so that would probably bring at least 100 or more if sold...... Without seeing a pic, I can't say for sure but I'd say its probably worth it. Also depends on your plans for the bike....

Now I believe I know which one your looking at..... If its the one I'm thinking of, clutch cover is wrong, yes it had a sachs and was modified.... rear sprocket is welded on a smaller sprocket as you stated. I have no idea whats up with half a crash bar lol..... personally I wouldn't mess with it, unless you just want a driver. It would take a lot to get that frame right again if you were going to restore it....... Of course its your choice and not mine, so do what you wish....

Jamie1972

Yup...Thats the one.....Yeah i dont think im gonna go for it... :hammer: Let the community know he will take 325.00 for it (NO LOWER THOUGH....HE SAID) and he is in Pittsburgh. I had a this bike as a kid and saw this one and thought ..just maybe :innocent:..... But oh well..Guess ill just keep restoring the two RUPPS i got :wink:
Thanks for the info and making things a little clearer.