Armor plate

kbs8ball

lol... long range target practice 600 yards + it makes a nice ding sound on impact. and it can take .308 rounds with NO damage to the plate.
the stuff is way heavy for a mini.:lol:

kbs8ball

yep at 600 yards you can hear the ding even with ear protection on. Im just starting on the long range stuff...Ive been shooting for many years at 100 and 200 yards never really tried the super long shots till the other day. My buddy is really into long range shooting. we were at the range on friday, we started on the 200...after a few hours we hit the 600 range. he goes ot me OK click your scope up 130 clicks..im like 130 thats alot of clicks. I reluctantly made the adjustment. took aim on the steel plate that was set at 640 yards right on the berm. I nailed it 5 times in a row...it was really cool hitting the target with my very first 600+ shot. I was using my AR10 with a 20X magnification scope. the plates he has are 12" X 20".....GOOD TIMES MAN

I think they had a 300 yard range down in Camp Pendleton, Calif when I was in boot camp and they had a sharpshooter give a demonstration at that range .
I did OK at the standard 100 yard mark . I have a long time HVAC customer that is a retired senior VP of Leupold Stevens here in Beaverton, Oregon their main plant is just a few blocks form where I live. They make some fine scopes there.
Hope you can find that tuff plate. Steve :scooter:

lol... long range target practice 600 yards + it makes a nice ding sound on impact. and it can take .308 rounds with NO damage to the plate.
the stuff is way heavy for a mini.:lol:
If your not going to use it on a mini. why the hell isn't this in the off topic section? :thefinger: NICE JOB MOD !!!!!!!!!

Hmmm, Im betting that this pic is the reason that you DONT want to use plain jane mild steel.......

7.62X54 Russian at 100 yards. Neither 3/8ths steel or 1/2 rebar fari well against it......

kbs8ball

Looks awesome. My buddy and I were talking about rigging up a camera and monitor to make it easier to see the hits. Thats whats nice about the plate, you can hear the hit.
Our range is nice but theres nothing automatic about it. 50 yrd ,100yrd, 200 and 300 meters, 300 yard and 600 yrd (640 to the berm) nice benches, covered shooting area. but ya gotta set your own targets.