At the junkyard

and I saw this 4hp Tec. I asked how much they wanted and am waiting for an answer! What do ya guys think? It attached to an old chipper, pulled real easy! They might not seperate. also what have you payed for one? I know no appraisals, just curious bout the market!!

bandit 40

15 TO 25bucks is decent from a junk yard with spark and compression :thumbsup: But if you really want it you will pay a few dollars more.

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/31500-show-your-scrapyard-finds.html

Well, in a perfect world, it's a (scrap yard) and china doesn't care if it has spark.. They care that there is X amount of aluminum there to melt into a new cloner Out of closet ..

So, they weigh it with scales, multiply by the going rate for aluminum breakage, and china ends up paying $4.75 for it...

If they aren't trying to screw you, they should throw it on he scales and TELL YOU what the price is... Sometimes the guys at the scrapyard will see something, and themselves say," :eek:hmy: DAMN thats not scrap"

So they save it out.. Yeah, CHINA will buy this for 4.75.. But some AMERICAN would GLADY pay twice that for it to save it as what it is..

So the fact they rescued it FOR YOU to discover later.. Is easily worth the small nominal fee for convenience..

But it isn't worth more than like 7 bucks in scrap aluminum breakage on the best day. So they better damn well not ask more than twenty bucks for it.. :glare:

But, thats a LOT of VERY CORRECT and irreplaceable old HS Tecumseh.. And worth twenty or thirty bucks to save it from being scrapped.. :shrug: Even it's it's blown up.. The PARTS are easily worth 30 and more.. :shrug: It is probably worth WHATEVER you can get it for, at the scrapyard..

If it was sitting on my barn floor running I'd put a 100 dollar price tag on it..

But I will guaran-damn-tee, it's EASILY worth twice its weight in scrap. The gas tank is 30 cents worth of steel.. But I'll be damned if it's less than a 25 dollar minibike correct gas tank. :mellow:

Last edited:
Great reply TRK. I was thinkin 25-50 bucks max was what Id pay. I talked to a worker there, said it was the owners, and at 1st the owner said 25 bucks, but then was told it was on the chipper and said 75:doah:. Seems a bit to much for me and he wont seperate. Iono I still might go get it, but .... eh.... iono....

Tell him if it is a chipper, I want to see it shred this tree limb. :thefinger:

Looks like a hunk of irony aluminum YOU are going to have to pay time and gas to burn off from the shitty sheet metal it's rusted to. :mellow:

is the chipper in fixable shape? you can resell it with another less desireble engine or engineless. the air filter and tank are worth 50$ easy. chippers sell super easy this time of year

I found the same chipper/eng combo at a flea mkt for $30. Scrapped the chipper with some other metal cause I burn all limbs and sticks. I was happy to get a good 4hp for that price.