ATTENTION! Calling All Moto-Skeeter Owners

Hi, I have a hacked up 1972 Moto Skeeter. I was looking for the owners of a bike similar to mine so maybe I can see some pics, and maybe see if someone knows where I can find a few parts. The Moto Skeeter was my dad's when he was a kid so I figured I would fix it up as a winter project so he could ride it again. I know there aren't alot of them kicking around. I won't be able to make it perfect cuz it is so cut up, but I can definetly make it rideable and look relativley orignial. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Good to hear...you're fixin it

Hey there Clayton, i have 3, 2 1971 450, 4.5hp, and 1-1972350,3.5hp,i'll send you some photos if i can upload them, i'll have seats for sale in the near future as well as wire harness, in a month or so , they are a great mini bike, all the best ,Joe..my email is ...digalittle@eastlink.ca, i can send you more info and pics

Okay, thanks man. Mine is a 650. I dunno if you 450 has the same thing or not, but would you know where I could get a bulb for the valve on the bottom of my gas tank? My bike had a fuel gauge built into the cap, kind like the one on a snowmobile, do you know where I could find one of those? I have looked around but parts or even the bikes are hard to come by. As for the seats, my seat if different, it is like that of a rupp roadster. But I may be interested in the wiring harness, pm me when you are ready to sell. If you ever find another guy who wants to sell some parts or a whole 650 let me know, if you don't want it of course.

i have a 550 but locating parts have been impossible to find, I too am looking for a gas cap, mine's busted. I think the 550 is same as the 650 except it had electric start. Send me your email and i'll send you some pics of mine.

Nice bike oldsledz, that is like mine, that is basically what I plan. I don't have the lights or the wiring harness. As well the old bse engine is junk...and I can't remember where I put it. I want to fix mine up for a parade next summer. And to bring back some child hood memories for my dad cuz it was his when he was a kid.

550&650, are quite different than 350&450

Hey Clayton , your bike is quite different,than mine , they do resemble the RUPP, great looking bike you have there, i bought a gas3 gas caps from mfgsupply.com ,the caps have the gauge in them , they were for and AIRENs snowblower(i think), anyway the were the correct size for the 350,450, and looked the same as oem , i shortened them (very carefully) and they look great , now just to get to paint the tanks. The AIRENS cap s were under $20. ea. not sure if this helps as they may be different on your bike, here is the part #20-7783 Fuel Gauge Ariens 31819 $15.99 $15.99

all the best , Joe

has anybody tried this cap on a skeeter seems a little long.........joe how did you shorten it???
was the Inside diameter good?

there was a link to a fuel pet-cock somewhere trying to find that again....:repuke: