Baja doodlebug leaking gas all over the place

Hi i have a newly bought baja doodlebug with about 20 hours that i have put on it and today it just started spitting fuel out of the choke and around where the carburetor connects to the block of the engine. So i took off the carb and i checked the gaskets and they were ok and they had no holes or tears in them and they were not worn. I took off the bowl, drained the old gas, and the float was not dirty or jammed. So i have now put the carb back on and tightened it as tight as it is physically possible and i cleaned the air filter and drained all of the gas out of the tank and re-connected the throttle to the carb. however the bike would also cut out and not idle properly when i last was riding it. I do have a new spark plug for the bike so please let me know if there is anything else that i should do before i fill this bike up with gas again to see if it works because i really do not want to waste another tank of gas and i want the bike to keep on running for awhile since i just got it.

fonz

Man it sounds like you know and did everything you coud do! My guess is the gasket between the carb and block is still bad. Maybe backwards or something like that. Float not stuck in down position you said. Only thing you didn't mention was a tear or hole in the fuel line or fuel line clamps missing or not tight.
I don't claim to be a mechanic. There are others here that just put me to shame with their knowledge of these motors. Hopefully one will step in and help you out.

Last edited:
Hey guys i just filled the doodlebug up with gas and the bike lives on!!!! I replaced the spark-plug along with cleaning the carb and tightening the carb and now the bike is running great! I did take a look at the fuel lines and the float like u guys said and they were both fine so i guess some routine maintenance and a little tightening did the trick for this chinese motor.

Hey guys i just filled the doodlebug up with gas and the bike lives on!!!! I replaced the spark-plug along with cleaning the carb and tightening the carb and now the bike is running great! I did take a look at the fuel lines and the float like u guys said and they were both fine so i guess some routine maintenance and a little tightening did the trick for this chinese motor.
Glad you got it working again. :thumbsup: