Baja warrior FRAME BRACING

I have a army green version of the baja warrior that i am turning into a quick little street cruiser. It has a mildly built 212cc with a tav. I can tell that frame is bending under torque and the i weigh 215lbs so thats more stress. I want to know where are good places to put gussets and other bracing? I know most of it will need to be in the rear .
Youtube: 6'6 Garage

20170630_172528.jpg 20170630_172424.jpg

Last edited:
That's cool but pictures of the problem areas would be most useful for giving advice. Post some pics so we can help you out.

I guess when I get my Warrior running with the 420 Predator I might have the same problems....

Doug

following. my frame seems to be stiff as hell but it might just be because i'm used to riding cushy road bikes. i'd like to see where this goes though.

edit: side note to OP, is that gas tank worth it? i've been trying to find a short motorcycle tank but they're all super expensive for my budget.

Last edited:
following. my frame seems to be stiff as hell but it might just be because i'm used to riding cushy road bikes. i'd like to see where this goes though.

edit: side note to OP, is that gas tank worth it? i've been trying to find a short motorcycle tank but they're all super expensive for my budget.
Honda Rebel tanks will fit and are almost exactly the same footprint. Harley 883 tanks fit too.

Here's a Rebel tank and a factory metal fake tank compared,

Paid $80.00 for my first Rebel tank with cap, key and petcock. Had to pay $99.95 for the second one with cap, key and petcock. Both off Ebay including shipping. If you look, boy there is some crazy pricing on them that's for sure.

Doug

i had an 883 tank but it was for an efi bike and it had a large tongue on the back. i'm really wanting a small peanut tank but they're hard to find cheap. i will look into rebel tanks, thanks