Baja warrior gas in the oil

I have 2 200cc Baja warriors and I'm getting gas in the oil and they have problems running, I can't figure out what's going on with them...is it worth investing time and money into or should I try and sell them?
I can't figure out what's wrong with them.

Attachments

you check the float/needle/seat in the carbs? thats the usual culprit.
replacement carbs are really cheap.
The first bike that I worked on I pulled the whole carburetor off and I do believe the carburetor is the problem with that one but this other one the carburetor was running fine up until just today I wrote it for a total of maybe an hour and now it's doing it on this one.

Harquebus

If your needle is not fully sealing in the seat [worn needle and seat], the gas from the tank will flow past it and into the cylinder, past the rings and into the crankcase. It will dilute your oil and ruin its lubrication properties---it must be drained and replaced.

You can use the fuel shutoff as your engine off switch [starving the engine of fuel] and stop the fuel leaking past the seat but that's a pain.

I recently replaced the needle and seat on a Walbro carburetor but it would've been cheaper to buy a Chinese knockoff carb...

If your needle is not fully sealing in the seat [worn needle and seat], the gas from the tank will flow past it and into the cylinder, past the rings and into the crankcase. It will dilute your oil and ruin its lubrication properties---it must be drained and replaced.

You can use the fuel shutoff as your engine off switch [starving the engine of fuel] and stop the fuel leaking past the seat but that's a pain.

I recently replaced the needle and seat on a Walbro carburetor but it would've been cheaper to buy a Chinese knockoff carb...
How does the fuel flow past the rings though? I thought the rings were there to keep the gas and oil from mixing, I work on these small motors alot and don't get how this can do that.

All of the rings have a end gap when the ring heat up it closes and makes a better seal. As the engine cools the gap opens up more so the fuel leaks right through.
Ohh, I never knew that I always thought the rings were solid...thank you for explaining it.

If the rings were solid, you'd have a very hard time replacing them. And if you ever do a ring job, make sure you stagger the end gaps. If you line them all up ( I saw a guy do this on a 351 Cleveland engine once) you'll have so much oil in the cylinder that it will foul the plugs very quickly.