BANNING members from forums

dirt

should a member in a forum get lifetime banishment for using ** in place of letters in a swear? ie F*** ! the spaces could be art or rig who knows but the typest? what are your thoughts

dirt

i got booted and bannedfor using ********* . not around here. it was some go-ped site, 2 stroke scooters. There's a lot of testosterone there but no real knowledge.

Well:' i will never go back in that kiddie pool again.

You gotta be S****'n me? Banned for that? Wouldn't go back anyway. No doubt all forums should have some rules for overly offensive behavior but that seems a bit overly holier than thou. I wouldn't loose any sleep over it. Sc**w'm.....

No, but if you use :censure:
you should definitely be banned!

Clearly the ***** can be viewed as art but :censure: really shows you wanted to say a foul word and should know better!

Start the banning, I'm too sensitive to potty language!

Last edited:
This is a F***ing useless post. I cant belive this :censure:, I gonna go work on my F***ing minibike now. have a great F***ing day...:censure::censure::censure:

i just ***** a mother***** with a bucket of chicken and a ***** twice! and dont forget that i **** a ****** and micky mouse!.. wait, WHAT?! lol :laugh:

i'll say yes. if those are the rules the forum administrator came up with then it's ok. by registering on the board you agreed to those rules. if you break the rules, don't be surprised if/when you get banned for breaking them.

Oldsalt

I believe it's a good question. There are a lot of young children that tune into OldMiniBikes. I certainly don't believe in ZERO Tolerance on anything but this site is not about the latest develops in steam pipe fitting or classification of river deltas in South America. Minibikes are attractive to youngsters and they are watching and some are members. Anyone that wishes to accept the fact that YOUR RIGHTS stop when they come up against the rights of others would have to agree that moderation is necessary. There can be no doubt that NO ONE has the RIGHT to use foul language in the presence of another person's child.

In my mind it is not necessarily the individual word, poorly disguised by an symbol or two, that should be at issue. It is the intent and context of the phrase or sentence in which the generally offensive word resides. Impressionable children are slick enough to smoke out the encryption. They have heard it all by the time they enter the 3rd grade. It's the message to young people that excessive use of vulgar terms and words is just fine and acceptable. Helping young people acquire the erroneous idea that bad speech habits are just fine and acceptable is simply wrongheaded.

No one is going to be harmed if excessive gutter speech fails to be condoned. Accommodation for any and all potty mouth is not acceptable just as zero tolerance is unacceptable. The adults on this site should act like adults.

Mac

The adults on this site should act like adults.
....I believe that should go for the children here too.

All these asterisks and fancy characters tend to make the posts resemble ebay,
and we all know how much the *** in the Bidder's ID annoys us.

Ban away.........It clears the forum of useless posts.

Neck

Growing up is optional
Are there some Phunny rules I don't phreaking know about? cause sometimes I talk $hit! I haven't been talked to yet so I think I'm phine!