BC1100 wanna be vintage, just for fun class

Well today I didn't smoke a fatty but I did discuss with my buddy down the street about making the chain guard out of sheet metal . When Doug was here during New Years he brought his nanza up . So while it was here I made cardboard template of the fiberglass repop that he has on it .
I really need to get this done so I can get it and the fenders and the fork lowers to the chrome shop . I'am also going to have all the nuts and bolts and what ever else is zinc plated to to plater .

Today I got started on the chain guard. I know this is not a stock guard but they are impossible to find and the fiberglass repop said don't get it . So I have no choice but to try to make one . I know I will hear this is a non stock part but oh well that's just the way it gonna be .
My first thought was to make it from steel and have it chromed , well my buddy Craig has some scrap 304 stainless just laying around so that what we're using . This way it can be polished and save me some money on chromeing . So far all is cut and shaped except the round dome shaped center which is gonna be a little harder to do . I'am also starting the polishing prior to welding it up . Here are some pics of its construction down at the hot rod
shop .

Well the chain guard has not got anymore done to it , been lazy . But today I did start up the 3 hp tech that I got from ( joker ) on the site . I was told it ran but the carb needed cleaning . I put the carb that was on my HS 50 and she started right up and ran fine with no smoke . So that is great news , the motor won't need any work besides cleaning and paint .

David. Not sure if you're painting the tank but if you are and can't save the decal Cory made me some nice bc1500 decals. I'm sure he could do the 1100 too. image.jpeg