Bearkat twister belt size...

Thanks Richard, I do not have an old belt.. I bought this guy in a box completely disassembled but the fact that's it a 7/8 width is a good start.. I have a couple Tote Gote Belts laying around.. I'll try one and see where it gets me..

I don't have any belts on hand to measure, but I did find this picture. Comet 203792. Did you get a salsbury 500 with the bike?
Tim I did not get the Salsbury 500.. I have a nice 40 series Comet.. or (and I am really thinking of doing this) I have a 1" climb away that might be a cool setup.. the engine I plan on using is a ported 6hp with a Mukini and the gov removed.. I am very curious about the 2 speed...

Unless it's an extra I'd save that climb away for a Tote Gote. Some of the racing Gotes used a Salsbury, probably because of the adjustability or maybe for availability as it was at the end of production. I heard a story once about a climbaway coming apart grenade style, but that was likely due to damage or lack of maintenance rather than high rpm failure. One OldMiniBikes member told me he preferred the comet to the salsbury too, just something to consider.