Best 6.5hp electric start clone

Which clone with electric start is closest to the GX200 with electric start? For my Heald build I need one that I can put a torque cam in so I need to make sure I can get one that will have that part available. Other than maybe a jet kit,I want to keep it mainly stock appearing. Stock air filter,header with muffler. Preferably the motor will have a charging coil with the ability to add a 2nd lighting coil.
Duromax? CarrolStream? Etc.

For that price, heck yeah! I'd pass on the TCT carb because I'd upgrade to something with a real throat anyway. They come with higher-than-average compression and a cam (what cam? who knows?). A very reputable company but my only question would be the strength of the block (is it Honda strength or closer to Lifan). I would definitely buy the Tilly over a Lifan but Genuine Honda if the budget allows.

chrisr

For that price, heck yeah! I'd pass on the TCT carb because I'd upgrade to something with a real throat anyway. They come with higher-than-average compression and a cam (what cam? who knows?). A very reputable company but my only question would be the strength of the block (is it Honda strength or closer to Lifan). I would definitely buy the Tilly over a Lifan but Genuine Honda if the budget allows.
Might be missing it (sorry), but the link does not specify the compression ratio and/or anything about the cam specs. Is it implying that with the air cleaner and header upgrade you may get 10hp and what if you don't do the upgrades, it will be less than 10hp? Seems like some unknowns since even their link implies stock "comes with a 90 Day Warranty, Box Stock, If any modifications are done, the Warranty is VOID" at least with Lifan its a 3 year warranty.

Its all greek to me. Since I was looking for an electric start motor and the other 196-212cc ones are around $200 , I decided to buy one to try it. It was only $229 and with the other stuff I bought the shipping was free. So we will see.

Seems too good to be true..........
Straight from Jason at gopowersports.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2018 11:46 AM
To: jason@gopowersports.com
Subject: Re: Contact Us

The Tillotson. So if that is out of the box does the header,air filter and TCT carb you sell as upgrades offer any HP gain? Are they then 11-12 hp with those add ons?

Correct, adding the jet, air filter and header pipe will add an extra 2-3 HP.

Jason Merrell
GoPowerSports/
Karting Distributors
1375 S Main St
Keller, TX 76248
866-846-5278
Jason@GoPowerSports.com

The TCT carb is not a power adder. It is an option for trouble-free use as a utility engine. The TCT was purchased by a member here over a year ago and tested on a hot rod Predator. It provided less performance than his stock carb with an e tube etc. Obviously, if you're concerned about the environment, and knowing somewhere in the back of your head that your engine is running at ideal Air Fuel Ratios, then definitely get the TCT. (grin)

So far, my biggest concern would be that shorter PTO. I am interested to hear your conclusions on how it works on a big bike ridden by a big dude. I have a similar project in my future, (big bike, and I'm no light weight) and would like a reliable electric start engine for a machine capable of going a decent distance reliably into no-man's land, where there be zombies, dragons, and rattle snakes.

I did see where the shaft was shorter on the specs. Fortunately I have a welder and am not afraid to add s little length if I have to...lol
Just in case does anyone have an inch or so of the end of a crankshaft they don’t need?

I did see where the shaft was shorter on the specs. Fortunately I have a welder and am not afraid to add s little length if I have to...lol
Just in case does anyone have an inch or so of the end of a crankshaft they don’t need?
I have used an insert into the bore of the clutch which I then threaded into the crankshaft with the 5/16-24. If you can get the protruding end larger in diameter as well, (with that welder) you have an excellent driver retention device. It's a great use for destroyed Tecumseh crankshafts. :)

I also will probably be running the 40 series driven that came with the Heald on the jackshaft. If I run the 44 driver I dont think it will be an issue.