Best Brakes for Azuza with a TAV 2

Hi all,

My azuza has a TAV 2 on it. It currently has an Azuza 4-1/2" rear drum brake set up. Needless to say the brakes are on the weak side. I want to increase the braking capacity if possible as I am adding a side car to this mini bike so there will be some extra weight. My daughters will be riding this bike and I don't think they will have the hand strength to really pull in the brake lever if they need to stop quick.I have thought about adding a control rod off a foot pedal that would actuate the rear brakes. That way they can stand on it if needed.

What can I do? Suggestions?

IMG_2629.JPG

Hec

I have a foot operated drum brake on one of mine. It works well but the minibike never sees over 25mph or heavy weight. One mistake I made was I painted it before working out the details. I had to go back and tweet it some ruining the new paint.

Moedog07

I sure like the idea of a foot operated drum brake. My brake actuator is on the left side of the bike. I would have to flip the rear wheel assy. around cuz I would like the brake pedal on the right side. I have seen a lot of brake pedals on the left side which seems weird to me .

Hec