Bikini Beach Mini

Lately Ive been on this unholy kick of watching all those goofy 60's Frankie and Annette beach movies.Just finished watching Bikini Beach and in the final chase scene Don Rickles is riding a pretty bad ass mini,looks like a step through design(although kinda hard to tell in the movie).Anyone familier with what kind of bike this is?(Tried to find a pic but didn't come up with anything).

PatrickCraik

Dean Jeffries...

He's the guy driving too,he played "Potatoe Bug" in the movie...How about a bit of trivia? Anybody wanna guess what kind of bug a potatoe bug is? Who were they spoofing in the movie?

Wow! Of course all of us VW guys Love Dean Jeffries and long for Kyote whether we like them or not! And "TV Tommy Ivo" is truly a legend. My Dad had a 32 AA Fuel Hemi Altered in '69 and saw Tommy and all the legends at the Summer Nationals in Indy that year. Can't even look at the pics since he passed 5 years ago. You guys bring up and talk about some of the coolest stuff though! I try so hard to pass it on to my 24 and 21 year old daughters. They get it! :thumbsup::biggrin:

I thought they were spoofing the Beatles, or maybe one of them anyway, Frankie Avalon played both himself and the Potatoe Bug in that movie........................Tom.

I heard the Beatles were supposed to be in the movie but pulled out after they were told it wouldn't be good for their "image" and hence the Potatoe Bug character was created to spoof them.But that may be just a bit of Hollywood folklore.They did have a few music stars in those films like Dick Dale and Stevie Wonder.