BIRD DUCK / Parting Out : Scrub Brake, Wheels, Seat , Etc.

Bought this Bird so i could swipe the hs40 out of it....almost a shame to part this...it was a borderline survivor in nice shape except for the super high-speed forks and a slightly tweaked footpeg.....but maybe the parts will help out with some projects...

Cast Aluminum Scrub Pad SOLD is worn but should still provide lots of service...$25 shipped

Throttle Assembly
[/B] SOLDwas working fine when I removed it. Cast aluminum sleeve inside is in good shape.... not plastic!!....chrome is a little tired but overall pretty nice for it's age...nice if you want to use the oem part on your resto. $20 shipped.

This looks to be the Original Seat (SOLD)....I scrubbed it with some vinyl cleaner and rubbed it down with an Armor-All wipe...looks awesome for a 40 year old piece :drool:
There is a 2 inch section on the back corner where the thread has come loose...easy fix. and a few little chips in the piping. No rips, holes or tears....foam is nice and dry. Bottom board with threaded inserts is solid...includes both original brackets. This would be the perfect seat for a nice survivior or unrestored bike. ....$25 + Ship

5" Steel Front Wheel SOLD nice and solid...no dings or bent edges...ran true when i took it off. Has a nice vintage Firestone "Gum Dipped" Power Tread tire on it with plenty of tread and no weather cracking ... been holding air since I got it. $20 + Ship

Frame SOLD is actually pretty nice except for the aforementioned tweak in the right footpeg...has all the little brackets on it that are typically broken off...don't really feel like shipping it...$30 if somebody wants to pick it up locally.

Last edited:
It's fine if its a little beat up. Thanks.

well I compared both grips today and they are slightly different....the flanged section and the knob on the end are identical but the "lines" in the grip are just a little different :shrug:...could be the throttle is not original but it sure looks like it was on there a long time....

anyway...if anybody wants the pair its $20 shipped for both...Rdog gets first dibs since he asked... :thumbsup:

Here's the rear wheel and sprocket...I shot a light coat of silver on the sprocket so the teeth would show up in the pic...

all looks to be in nice shape...just a tiny bit of pitting in one spot...a little high-fill primer and some color and it will look like new. I gave it a spin before I took it off the bike and it seemed to run true.

$25 plus shipping . ( Pretty heavy so I am gonna say a $15 flat rate box is the way to go..... )

Last edited:
The frame is also still avail....

Frame is actually pretty nice except for the aforementioned tweak in the right footpeg...has all the little brackets on it that are typically broken off...don't really feel like shipping it...$30 if somebody wants to pick it up locally.

I can also remove the entire brake pedal assembly if someone needs it, either by grinding off the end washer or cutting the tabs off the frame....$20 + Shipping

Here's the rear wheel and sprocket...I shot a light coat of silver on the sprocket so the teeth would show up in the pic...

all looks to be in nice shape...just a tiny bit of pitting in one spot...a little high-fill primer and some color and it will look like new. I gave it a spin before I took it off the bike and it seemed to run true.

$25 plus shipping . ( Pretty heavy so I am gonna say a $15 flat rate box is the way to go..... )

kk, ill take the rear wheel sprocket and tire. pm sent. jim