bird wren info wanted:

hi,just picked up a late 60's bird wren, what would be the correct engine? it currently has an older 2 1/2 briggs. also has plate between forks.what decal would belong on this? chain guard? I think its a penneys foremost ,I have a runabout & it doesn't have the plate. I'm thinkin its a penneys brand, no tatags,non original yellow color........any thoughts on this are appreciated......thanks Mick:confused:

markus

Penney's never sold anything like the Wren, Pictures really help greatly in situations like this :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I you have a late 60s or early 70s Wren/Runabout . OldMiniBikes has the replacement chain guards offered for sale . They are very good quality . I had a couple of them chrome plated and they look great . Early models had mounting directly to the frame . Later ones had a mount off of the motor . OldMiniBikes also sells this mount .
These bikes where offered in kit forms with or without motor , paint or fenders .
Still as mentioned above , pictures would help identify your mini bike .

I got this last summer and I really got it for the motor to put on a Lil Indian. I think the front fender is on backwards also.
It is amazing how this motor turns heads at a meet but mainly in disgust as it is so loud and annoying. I need a Clinton gas tank if anyone can help the one on there looks like hell the way it is mounted.

Any idea of the year this was made?

Attachments

Last edited:

capguncowboy

I got this last summer and I really got it for the motor to put on a Lil Indian. I think the front fender is on backwards also.
It is amazing how this motor turns heads at a meet but mainly in disgust as it is so loud and annoying. I need a Clinton gas tank if anyone can help the one on there looks like hell the way it is mounted.

Any idea of the year this was made?
That's a Cat fender, and yes, it's on backwards. I can't help you on the year though.

The base of the chain guard bracket still on the left front of the motor plate , means it is a mid 60s frame . The absence of fender mounts says it was the fender less model . The front fender and the wheels are not the originals either . But you still have a nice rider to enjoy . I personally am not a big fan of 2 cycle powered mini bikes . I putt around to much on mine .